Moving players in and out of alliances

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Actually, I could swear that DA was in and out Suckas for more then once, but that's just me.
Use The Force(s)!
olaf
Quiet One

Post by olaf »

Sterling wrote:olaf, do you ever contribute to a thread? Come on now...
I contribute arbitrary information. Do you have a problem with this? If so I'll have my assistant get back to you.
CREATOR of NONSENSE
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

yes swapping people in and out is lame but everyone is able to do it. As for the part of finding a way to stop it. make alliance cap of 30 like now. after the alliance is made and filled to 30, then set (code) it to where max of 5(random number) people can be switched out in the alliance per game. this will allow alliance leaders to get rid of inactives/untrustworthy and still stay with the cap. as far as joint ops that is still avoiding the alliance cap. If you want joint ops between 2 alliances then you might as well have coded treaties back into the game.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

I am so sick of the accusations of cheating being made by sore loosers (edit:)via Global Message. Lets face it, The Crusaders ( and yes FE ) got beat with superior tactics. Not with shady playing. Suckas did not use any bugs, or loopholes, or added programs (as far as I know) to achieve total victory. We used tactics. We did not have a revolving door of players coming and going as everyone says we did. We never had more than 22 ( 8 less than the current alliance cap that you all think we worked around to own you) partaking in a OP at one time and in some scrimishes the enemy put more in the field than we had. We beat you with tactics plain and simple. If you could not figure out a way to get around our tactics that is your fault and not ours.

What Tactics did we use to win????????

A blockade is used to prevent supplies, troops, information and/or aid from reaching an opposing force. Blockades are the cornerstone to nearly all military campaigns and the tool of choice for economic warfare on an opposing nation. Blockades can take any number of forms from a simple garrison of troops along a main roadway to utilizing dozens or hundreds of combat ships in securing a location. As a military operation, blockades have been known to be the deciding factor in winning or losing a war.
Blockades are planned around four general rules:

Value of thing to become blockaded (enemies path in and out)
Blockading strength is equal to or greater than the opposing force (our ships and mines)
Suitability of terrain to aid in the blockade (One access point via the warp)
Willpower to maintain the blockade (Players wanting to win)

First, the value of the item being blockaded must warrant the need to blockade.

Second, the strength of the blockading force must be equal to or greater in strength than the opposition. The blockade is only successful if the 'thing' is prevented from reaching its receiver.

Third, choosing suitable terrain. Knowing where the force will be travelling through will help the blockader in choosing territory to aid them.

Fourth, willpower to maintain a blockade. The success of a blockade is based almost entirely on the will of the people to maintain it.

After seeing the thrashing we gave Crusaders did any of you do anything to get ready for us???? No we waltzed right in and did it again.

So in closing IMO you all got beat by the games map. A second warp from the planetary galaxies leading to A totally different galaxy (not 2 warps going into the same galaxy) would have saved all of you from the whipping we gave you.
Last edited by DarthNihilus on Wed May 02, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

DarthNihilus wrote:I am so sick of the accusations of cheating being made by sore loosers.
No one is saying that anyone cheated. So please don't keep bring it into the thread. btw you guys did kick butt, good job.

So keep the thread on topic and have fun.
olaf
Quiet One

Post by olaf »

SUCKAS WON BY DEFINING "BLOCKADE" 4 DIFFERENT WAYS AND WRITING LONG POSTS ABOUT IT!!!
CREATOR of NONSENSE
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

First let me be more clear, i sugest players with the same IP coud not be rotated in and out the same alliance anymore.

They can be in the same alliance, they can be in defferent alliances. but moving one out to let the other in shoud be agains the rule.

Second if someone leave a alliance, i sugest he cannot rejoin for 7 days.

Last thing Lotus sugested i started my post because Crusaders lost this round. Lotus in 3 years in smr i have posted less then 15 times on the webboard. When i do i feel i have something to say about the game. If i want to :D about your alliance, i can do it in my alliance chat room.
DemiGod
Quiet One

Post by DemiGod »

Kard wrote:i think rotating people or having aliance members who are just full time traders stay out of the aliance and donate cash through anon acounts isnt right. There is a reason for a 30 man cap. If the 30 man cap gets side steped then it wont be fair to try and compete. Rotating someone who is inactive, and will remain inactive is fine IMO. But rotating in and out traders for warbirds, and rotating out someone whos on a 2 week vacation out and then back in in two weeks, and in those two weeks someone else is rotated in and op's with that aliance, that isnt right. Mostly it just isnt right ethicly. Makes for an uneven playing field. but im sure it does say something about Crus as a team. rotating people in order to beat them is quite a compliment, even if it is a poor one.
How many players did Crus "rotate" through? I guess I count as being rotated out since I got banned and now no longer have the time to play. Dont you think you accusations are alittle tired? I do get online enough to notice that both Crusaders and FE got STOMPED by Suckas both alliance you were in weren't you?

Stop crying about losing. I've been in alliances that have lost to you before and we shut our mouths and took it. When our 3/4 noobie allliance got stomped by Crusaders everytime we tried to op we just learned. Learn some new tactics and deal with an enemy that is CLEARLY your superior.

Please stop your personal attacks on our alliance in general and stop trying to change a fair gaming system just because someone else figured out how to play within the rules better than you.

This is game is fun and it is fair. Produce you list of players that Suckas has "rotated" and make sure to include every player that Crusaders have went through this game as well. Clarity is fun isn't it?
frostiegurl
Quiet One

Post by frostiegurl »

You guys whine way too much.

Are you sure you aren't really a bunch of chicks in disguise.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

DemiGod wrote:
I do get online enough to notice that both Crusaders and FE got STOMPED by Suckas both alliance you were in weren't you?
lol, not quite. kinda hard for me to get stomped when i havnt played since the HoF reset. i was just stating an observation, sorry if i offended anyone, i retract the statement for the sake of peace.