Next Map

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.

Scrub current game? (New map would start the coming Sunday)

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes: 67

Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

We have planets too!!! :P

Anyways play it out. Restarting is pointless you end up with the same situations. Until you fix the ingame problems and the map design problems, you will just keep recycling the old. Maps need to be smaller and be inclusive to interaction. And who said their can't be choke points, or CA in nuetrals? All this crap for newbies who never stay solo. Keep the game fun and give us back the things that made it challenging. Ever been jumped at YOUR CA by two FU's? Probably no one in the last 5 games. zzzz
Morpheus
Quiet One

Post by Morpheus »

I like the new map ideas, especially the one from canff. But why should we end the current game earlier? It should be better to have more time thinking and discussing about a good layout for the next game. The final output will (hopefully) be well thought out.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

First off if I was Freon Id cancel the contest due to certain circumstances that have happened in the game.

On the other hand you can argue that if we reset now that people will get mad and quit. If you love the game like I love the game then you should see past your personal agendas and realise this is the only path that can be taken. I know people have worked hard trading their XP, getting top 10 kills, building planets. I guess I'm a little biased because the results of my hardwork this game was already taken from me, but I've traded 60k exp in a little over a week and am almost to the highest exp Ive ever been. Technically I already started over and will feel the loss of my hardwork twice in one game.

The bottom line is this game needs some drastic changes and a new game with a new map is a good start. If the current game is played out then I hope that other issues are addressed and dealt with. The community is in tatters and the game is on its last leg. It's time for a change and I think everyone knows it.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

When things don't go right for a team, the answer isn't a restart of the game. When Crusaders had a spell of bad games (yeah including this one) we didn't ask for a restart of the game. What's wrong with you people?!?
that which pods you makes you stronger
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

If we're talking about the elephant, let's talk about it. Don't talk about it's shadow.
that which pods you makes you stronger
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

This is the map I propose for Next Game. It is called SMR-Rebirth. The thinking behind it is that the people who are running newbie alliances next game have their own corner of the galaxy, while vet alliances have another corner of the galaxy to wage their wars, completely apart from each other. I'd even go as far as naming the galaxies like "Vet Neutral" and "Newbie Neutral" so there is no confusion at all.

This map is largely based on the shanty town map we played. Except the 2 big neutrals with planets are FAR more segragated than Canis Major and Canis Minor were.

Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Last game we got our ass kick, by other alliance. We didn,t try to have the game stop for that. If there was problem with this map, it shoud have been change weeks ago not now. I am sorry we hit sf and the went inactive, since went does this mean we restart a game?
d3c509b
Quiet One

Post by d3c509b »

Crusher wrote:Last game we got our ass kick, by other alliance. We didn,t try to have the game stop for that. If there was problem with this map, it shoud have been change weeks ago not now. I am sorry we hit sf and the went inactive, since went does this mean we restart a game?
no ones trying to stop the game because someone "got their ass kicked".

Just clarifying.
-Ssjz-
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

After talking with Purify, we decided on some changes for that map I posted above.

1) HHG, Nuke and PPL all in racial hub galaxy instead of neutrals.
2) Rather then 4 newbie planet gals, 2 newbie planet gals, and perhaps a reduction in size for the newbie neutral.
3) Locations on the warps of newbie planet galaxies?? This one we thought of because a vet alliance might be attracted to a Newbie Planet Galaxy, especially if it has nice tunnels or route capabilities. This way a vet alliance would want to avoid a planet gal that they aren't able to mine the warp, but both newbie alliances in the newbie planet galaxies would have the same disadvantage with a location on the warp.

ANY OTHER IDEAS FOR MY MAP ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Sivarticusiii
Quiet One

Post by Sivarticusiii »

Those alliances that have established planet galaxies would be screwed.
Any alliance that has an established trade route as well.

Not to mention, how would money in the AA be saved, and all that good stuff? I'm sure there are easy answers to those questions, but I'm a n00b and I don't know them, lol. Just keep that in mind guys.
==Pod. It's what's for dinner.==