Webboard manipulation

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Webboard manipulation

Post by Ardbeg »

A certain group of players, mainly Armory members, are systematically sabotaging ideas, threads and suggestions they do not like by twisting threads with lies, half-truths and misdirection. A prime example was a reply to my time lag suggestion that was designed to discredit the idea by subtly changing how it would affect things or downright lies on what would be affected. Armory has used this tactic on every post that suggested a change that might make them change there style of play. They get there members to flame and spam these topics with downright false statements and get the rest of the player base to believe that was the original idea. Another example of this is on the newbie killing thread, read it carefully and watch how they just plain ignore half the posts to create replies that suited their own ends. Somebody needed to point this tactic out because it is low and dirty to the extreme and it is being used constantly.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

It has come to my attention that a certain group of players believe that Armory is attempting to manipulate this game to suit themselves. What these players do not realise is that no matter what changes they make to the game, we will generally accept. The issue is, we will learn how to use the changes faster than anyone else can and it will make no difference to us so these people believing that were fear change are either morons or just confused about why we succeed in this game that they cant figure out anything.
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

I'd like to make a few points:

While Ard's post might be a tad harsh, I find it unacceptable that Kah calls people "morons". That's no way for a mod to act on the boards that he/she monitors.

The fact that Ard is taking his position public is quite interesting---what's your point Ard? You tell me that I have no business to make my appeal of ban public and yet you come out and try to "inform" the community of a situation--talk about a double standard!!!!!
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Complaining about other players and complaining about admins are 2 different things....
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Sterling wrote:It's part our fault ard. Stop letting these something they don't have heads dictate where our discussions go. Stop saying the game is hcanging because they are doing something (when in fact these changes are based on exploitations of circumstances that they are the prime example of). Don't empower this group of morons to think they have any say in our lives, that's exactly what they want. As they sit behind their computers for hours and days at a time, their satisfaction comes from evrytime armory or illusions or orca is mentioned. Don't change things or make posts in thier name, just let them live their pathetic lives with no time for anything but SMR.
flame? If i posted that it would be deleted by now =X

we all feel helpless in smr sometimes, even tho most of us want to feel powerful. fact is most us arent admins, most of us arent commitee members, some of us have spock as a persal pen pal and have a legit 2nd account. Point is you feel helpless and you hate it. I have felt this way many times about this web board, when the reality is there are probably only 4 active armory members on this board, the rest hate it, and its even discouraged in our alliance. And please dont just say we have no lives as your reasoning, that is doing nothing but showing how little you understand us.

What makes Armory happy is stuff like this. Not you mentioning our name in a thread.

7/8/2007 9:14:25 PM Life is a Beach Chair (83) was destroyed by forces in sector #2365

Your forces have spotted that Warlock Lord (134) has been DESTROYED in sector #2162
Last edited by LotuS on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I understand what you are getting at Sterling, and I would agree with you, except for the fact that there is a history in SMR of the sqeakiest wheels getting all the grease. This group have shown before that they can push through their agenda by shouting and whining long enough and loud enough (*cough* HoF stats *cough*). I believe they need to be exposed as the manipulative and selfish players they are, for the overall good of the game.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Ard: How does you not geting what you want make us selfish? Ever reverse that argument, that those of you "squeaking" on the msg board, would get the grease unless someone stops you? I am a beleive in checks and balances... and I am meerly a check, you have checked me before, and its all part of the process of change.
Last edited by LotuS on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Blum wrote:Complaining about other players and complaining about admins are 2 different things....
Depends if your complaining about an admin as an admin or a player :?:

Problem is to many people ruin other peoples fun to have fun, kind of an oxymoron really.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

Remember something:

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

While Armory is using a legal tactic and it's helping them get the desired kills that they want, it's also not in the best interest of the game.

However, it's also the situation with many alliances not wanting to lose ships to them--which you'll do one way or another, no?

All it takes is ONE group op to cause Armory to be ineffective for a little bit of time. It's a start, no?
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

i dont think a few people are going to stop a legitimate idea- it depends on independent people to think it through which they are perfectly capable of doing! A counter-argument in favor of something should not be construed as anything more than such. People have different ideas, and everyone should live with them. If someone makes a point, come up with a counter point, and so forth. Its called a debate. Now Chill.
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory