I've got Crabs!

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
frostiegurl
Quiet One

I've got Crabs!

Post by frostiegurl »

Okay well they're hermit crabs and I've been going on and on about them to my boys and thought it was time they had their official coming out introduction here.

Meet Spanky, Sebastian, Princess Peach, Alfalfa and Darla.

The other two (Neptune and Alfalfa) are currently buried and molting.

A picture of their deluxe habitat

And of course I should also post a picture of HK's Gecko, Bing in his new home.

:)
15 PPs : Darla, Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Bubbles, Buttercup, Stabber, Kush, Puredeath, Neto, Swaggie, Misfit,ADO,Prudence, Duncan
3 E's : Princess Peach, Horatio Ignatious Crustaceous Sebastian & Neptune.
Zeke is a Ruggie
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Pretty Cool!

I had a ant farm when I was a kid. But they got out and that was the end of that. lol Ants all over the place.
frostiegurl
Quiet One

Post by frostiegurl »

That's pretty funny.

HK and his boys had an ant farm as well some time ago and I think something similar happened.
15 PPs : Darla, Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Bubbles, Buttercup, Stabber, Kush, Puredeath, Neto, Swaggie, Misfit,ADO,Prudence, Duncan
Zeke is a Ruggie
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

thats pretty cool. my friend has a hedgehog. now that thing is crazy!
ImageImage
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

thats awesome- i like crustaceans
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

one time i found snake eggs in the woods, and put them in a empty fish tank with rocks and crap, they hatched and i had like 20 little snakes. they got about 4 inches long before they started eating eachother and all died. it was sad :shock:
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
frostiegurl
Quiet One

Post by frostiegurl »

Poca, Hedgehogs are awesome but their little spikes are ouchies.

Fortunately my little guys are too small to be able to pinch me. Hoping they don't ever decide to do so either.

Carnuth, These guys are the craziest things ever. They climb all over each other, all over the tank and love to dig up the substrate and make a mess whenever possible. Princess Peach and Darla seem to enjoy spending time together hanging out in the Shell Swap area (A couple of a seagrass basket lids filled with shells for them to change into if the desire strikes).

Lotus, I was originally going to get a Corn Snake but these guys stole my heart. They're a lot more work than a snake, that's for sure. But they are fun to watch and well worth the initial expense of getting them set up properly and well worth the effort in making sure they're provided with an environment that closely resembles what they would encounter in the wild.

These guys can live over 20 years even in captivity and I plan on keeping them around at least that long if possible. Can't wait to watch them grow.
Zeke is a Ruggie
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

frostiegurl wrote:Poca, Hedgehogs are awesome but their little spikes are ouchies.

Fortunately my little guys are too small to be able to pinch me. Hoping they don't ever decide to do so either.
no once you hold them for a min. and gets to know your hand, the quils soften up..there actually quite soft ehhe, but when they are hard, they are a bit ;) but they dont hurt.
ImageImage
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

the cops got heat vision they scan houses from their cars. They see that heat lamp and a fish tank full of plants, they are gunna come say hello!
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
frostiegurl
Quiet One

Post by frostiegurl »

Haha

Well I don't have a heat lamp in the crabbie tank so no worries there. The temp and humidity are well within the proper ranges this time of year with the moist substrate providing plenty of humidity.

As for Bing's lamp and the plants. There aren't any real plants so we're good to go there.

The worst they'll find is some wheat grass in the 10 gallon crab tank.

:P
Zeke is a Ruggie