Harry Potter

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
DragonLancer
Quiet One

Harry Potter

Post by DragonLancer »

Its not really a game..but who read the 7th book?

comment...complaints...anything really :P
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

1 complaint: Harry Potter is lame (and no I didnt read the 7th book, but I did know what happened 5 days b4 it came out)
DragonLancer
Quiet One

Post by DragonLancer »

Well i sure hope you did not ruin it for anyone who did read want to read the book.

And from my experience, the only people who truly do not enjoy the Harry Potter books are the people who have only seen the haphazard movies that really do the books no justice at all.

That, or they are the people who dislike the books solely on the basis of the fact that they are highly popular and appear to be of a childish nature. These people also tend to hate many things that become popular and have many people "Jumping on the bandwagon." They usually say that such things are "for losers", "lame", or in the odd, albeit not so uncommon, occasion "gay".

So I would assume that you have never read the books. However if you have read the books and still find them stupid or not very well written. I would implore you to tell me a better written fiction novel.

Now for those who do not like fiction I could understand your complaint. However, I must assume that is not the case considering on the site in which I am making this post.

Now if you just plain do not like to read...well to that I would say that I feel sorry for you really because the world of literature is much more vast and superiorly entertaining to the world of video games and blockbusters.
I wish I had a trendy saying that made you laugh while at the same time making you realize how true the statment really is.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

if the masses like something it cant be good because people are stupid and even tho it might be good I will never read a harry potter book or watch a harry potter movie just in case it is bad and therefore a waste of time its kind of like the hot stove thing where you can touch it once or maybe twice but then you smarten up so once or twice I watched mtv shows like "real world" or listened to "fergy" but in my oppinion it all sucks and so while everyone says how good harry potter is I just have to go with my instincts so I dont burn myself

edit: this should be moved to GD
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Moved to general discussion per seldum's suggestion.
What, you want something witty?
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Heh..i've never seen any of the movie..i tried to read one of the books..

all i can say is the author is a genius. she is one of the worst writers i have ever seen reach the "top" and yet she has managed to convince everyone that she knows how to write. maybe she isnt the genius though..maybe people are just retarted.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

Kahless_ wrote:Heh..i've never seen any of the movie..i tried to read one of the books..

all i can say is the author is a genius. she is one of the worst writers i have ever seen reach the "top" and yet she has managed to convince everyone that she knows how to write. maybe she isnt the genius though..maybe people are just retarted.
QFT
neto
Quiet One

Post by neto »

math > reading. sorry Im a engineer and I dont have attention spam for reading.
matter of fact i didnt even finish reading your long post
:P
PS harry potter looks like a homo.
:)
MIDGET MADNESS!
DragonLancer
Quiet One

Post by DragonLancer »

math is good and great....but it gets rather boring to me

then again so does reading and playing video games.

pretty much the only thing that never gets boring is ESPN News......man I could watch that same 30 mins over and over and over

and I could never figure out why

:|

as far as wasting your time....thats all a matter of perspective....

I just spent a year of my life playing WoW very actively......now that ive quit i could look back and say, "hey....that was a waste of time because i've got nothing to show for it"

but I tend to never think things are a waste of time when they
1. Are fun at the time
2. Make me money
I wish I had a trendy saying that made you laugh while at the same time making you realize how true the statment really is.
neto
Quiet One

Post by neto »

lol DL
wtf
MIDGET MADNESS!