Page Loads

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

I got a 2400$ laptop, 1G ram, 117G hard drive. For a laptop its impressive, but not compared to the destops you all run. I use the latest verison of IE.

Mediocer connetion
plays from a laptop
uses IE

Like I said, I dont know how I do it. When I use to play SMR and tdzk, it was never this fast, so I figured something was changed in the game to make it this fast, but I guess its just me.

In order to get 4 in one second, I have to hit it almost rhythmicly, and its to fast to do anyhting that takes interpreting and reacting, only good for moving really, If I had to move the mouse cursor, look and interpret, then react, doesnt matter how fast I can load a page, the human mind and body cant make that kind of speed useful.

unless I could link my brain to my laptop, then the 4/sec would be a HUGE advantage. Is the matrix invented yet?
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Lol, this is fun. Im getting better at the timing. Im almost positive im close to getting 5/sec.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

5 a sec? I somehow doubt that. I get 2-3 a sec, and about 1.2 attacks per second b/c of that stupid moving attack button. *glares at curufir*
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

it does sound unreasonable clicking as fast as I can I can only click maybe 8 times per second to get 5 screens a second would require instantaneous page loads
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Maybe Kard isn't using metric seconds :roll:
Pings seldom come alone and rarely when you're online
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

kard...my laptop is faster then yours....

/me wants 5 a second...

i can usually get 2 or 3...occassionally 4...but thats few and far between
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

lol, what do I have to gain by lieing about. there is no motive. Ill try and get a recording of it though. Anyone know any free programs to record whats on your screen?
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

not saying you lied but maybe you miscalculated or something
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Im just clicking through fed sectors while watching the time clock at the top left until the second changes. I get between 2-4 sectors each time. I look at my turns as well. I can use 10 turns in 3 seconds on the clock moving through fed. no joke.
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Considering that the data sent is minimal and the web page is very simple, the part that takes the most significant time is the connection setup. The connection is set up by the OS and not the browser, so Kard, are you on Vista or on XP?