Page Loads

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Kard
Beta Tester

Page Loads

Post by Kard »

I searched and couldnt find a thread regarding this. Im curiuos where I rate as far as in game speed goes. How many Page Loads per second, do people get in SMR. 60% of the time I get 2 pages, the other 40% is 3 or 4 page loads per second. That is while moving through sectors, so usualy 2-4 sectors per second. That seems high to me, is that what most others are getting?
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

There was a huge thread on this somewhere..... where it was suggested we put a 'minimum run-time' on all actions.... people posted their pings and conneciton speeds and such...

However, think it also matters where you are... like are you going through sectors with ports locations and mines..... or empty sectors.... Also, whether or not you are closeby to someone who is being logged by the admins.... because if you are, you usually slow down...
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

i was just scooting around fed sectors going past HQ a bunch. Trying to go through the sectors with other people in them to cause more lag for myself. Once I saw I could regularily get 4/second, I thought that was way high.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

what are you on a T3???

yeah thats pretty high average is like 1.88349 a second or somethin
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

4/ second is quite a lot. I am not capable of that. 2/ second is more like it for me. Maybe 3 moving thru sectors.
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

best i ever got was 3 per sec on a 12.0 mb connection at school on a new comp once and a while 4 but very rare
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

I get about 1.2 (yes 1 and 1/5) per sec
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

ya, I thought the avg was a lot lower. Im on high speed cable, 6 down 1 up. Thats now even fast compared to what some of you got. Oh well, even though I cant figure out how Im doing it, Im not complaining.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

comp specs and browser?
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Also if you're Euro, your connection will obviously be faster as it's closer to the server (germany).