Fines

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
BooRawl
Quiet One

Post by BooRawl »

It seems trading weapons and getting about 30k to 40 per trade netting about 20 - 30 k per trade and was fined nearly 800k ouch that hurts,,,,, though have been trading it and getting like 200k range lately. Not going to make much money trading that route. And with the scarcity of cash in this game could start costing me turns. I also think i remember getting over 4 mil a trade for narcotics and yet the fines being in 2 million dollar range. That is what i am talking about, not formulas for searches respectfully, but the amount of the fines for trading illegal goods.... and buying underground ships respectfully does not solve the problems. There is no way a thief can keep up with a psf or even an ist..... and ship is so weak.... is easy to trap and very expensive to afford. Again question is what to expect from fines from a port, is there a formula or it doesn't matter how much you earn from the port the fines are in this random area.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Post by Dread Pirate Roberts »

I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure fines are a set number. You get fined most for narcs, and least for slaves. So it would be X times # of holds. So its a lot less efficient to trade a 3x with illegals than say a 7x (not to mention on a 7x you will be entering ports less often).
Also I been asking around, and no one could really give me a definite answer. When you get fined, and you have no money on your ship or in your personal account, what exactly happens? Do you still lose turns? It happened to me once like 10-11 years ago in a newbie game on Shareplay. Back then I was "imprisoned" for all my turns, and was left stranded in open space. That was way overkill, and since this is most likely to effect noobs than vets, this should not happen.
Also while we are talking about illegal goods, does anyone else think its wack that dope is way more valuable than human lives? Shouldn't slaves be worth more than drugs? I would certainly think so.

(edited for spelling)
If you can't beat em, ban em!
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote: Also while we are talking about illegal goods, does anyone else think its wack that dope is way more valuable than human lives? Shouldn't slaves be worth more than drugs? I would certainly think so.
Slaves are cheap expendable labor, like human Kleenex, while the addicts' need for drugs knows no bounds.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

The position that human lives have a value is in conflict with the position that those lives can be sold. The correct approach is to put a vallue to the labour the slaves provide minus the cost of ownership(food, place to sleep etc). Since slaves generally perform simple work that value is quite low.