people whop get banned

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
qiraz
Quiet One

Post by qiraz »

Big companies or wealthy families/persons who are guilty of wrong doing tend to pay lots of money for legal maneuvers with intent to obtain ruling to prevent any public dissemination of the case, or in "settlements" they pay the wronged party on condition that they shut up about it. Other than that, when a court finds a party guilty or responsible for wrong doing, it is on public record. Obviously excepting Minor Children.

I don't give a rat's fart if the at-fault party can then be ridiculed for what they did wrong. Too bad, shouldn't have done that.

If you posted the names of every person caught cheating, there'd be more counter-incentive to cheating. If somebody knows they'll just get a slap on the wrist and nobody else will find out "if" they get caught, they are much more likely to "try it out".

If I were of that persuasion and didn't hate coding so much, I might have a tendency to think I could come up with a method of cheating that would be nearly undetectable. Then I might try it out, thinking the consequences are no big deal. But if I knew getting caught would mean the whole game knows what I did, I'd be much less likely to try.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

qiraz wrote:Big companies or wealthy families/persons who are guilty of wrong doing tend to pay lots of money for legal maneuvers with intent to obtain ruling to prevent any public dissemination of the case, or in "settlements" they pay the wronged party on condition that they shut up about it. Other than that, when a court finds a party guilty or responsible for wrong doing, it is on public record. Obviously excepting Minor Children.

I don't give a rat's fart if the at-fault party can then be ridiculed for what they did wrong. Too bad, shouldn't have done that.

If you posted the names of every person caught cheating, there'd be more counter-incentive to cheating. If somebody knows they'll just get a slap on the wrist and nobody else will find out "if" they get caught, they are much more likely to "try it out".

If I were of that persuasion and didn't hate coding so much, I might have a tendency to think I could come up with a method of cheating that would be nearly undetectable. Then I might try it out, thinking the consequences are no big deal. But if I knew getting caught would mean the whole game knows what I did, I'd be much less likely to try.
Agreed
Pings seldom come alone and rarely when you're online
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

unfortunately, no matter how many of us agree, SMR is not a democracy and they (the admins) could care less of what we (the player base) think. They will keep their buddies safe from judgement until their admin powers are stripped.
acidtrip
Quiet One

Post by acidtrip »

Strange situation. I only talk to Cru and former cru and a few others. Nobody knows anything.
Apparently the FS4 (Firing Script 4) is a mystery and will remain so.

Sherlock said "Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."

I don't think I put my sentences in order.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

ya azool great idea hiding the people who cheat but feel free to put those who get webboard or swearing bans hanging out to dry
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Thennian wrote:ya azool great idea hiding the people who cheat but feel free to put those who get webboard or swearing bans hanging out to dry
Do you guys even read what I say? This is the last I will comment about this issue.

People who get banned for ingame violations will only be posted if it changes a rule or sets some precedent.

People who get banned for out of game stuff (webboard, swearing) will be posted.

This is to prevent further punishment of the banned player by constant accusations of cheating of this player. In the case of a webboard ban, no one will accuse this player of cheating just because they swore in a post.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

well actually i read the forum policy in the committee and admin section and nowhere does it say we will be protecting the right of those that cheated and not post the names of those using scripts.

I still cant figure out why you wont release the names, are they friends of yours? dont give us the BS about not wanting them to get harrassed, cuz ive been harrased for being banned, tis something admins should deal with if someone is doing it.

We take 1 step forward in keeping this community in touch with what is going on and why then someone comes and decides for whatever reasons he isnt telling us to take 2 steps backwards.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

azool answered your questions. Any more questions or comments on the subject can be talked about through PMs or in chat.