people whop get banned

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
neto
Quiet One

people whop get banned

Post by neto »

I was wondering as to why sometimes the admins decide to make a public announcement about certain players getting banned (purify, gheng), but decide to hide the players that got banned for using scripts.
why were we never told who those players were that got banned?
just wondering why the admins are trying to keep this a secret. could you guys please keep a consistent set of rules and applications please.
MIDGET MADNESS!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I think azool messed up with his bans, and is just keeping quiet hoping people forget..... rumours i've heard have been people that were banned were fairly quickly cleared....

but whateva not like its a big deal...
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

I did not announce them because it will only lead to accusations of cheating. The purpose of announcing the decisions is so everyone can keep up-to-date with the rules. No one should be unclear about whether using scripts/bots is illegal.

No Puri, they were not cleared.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
stabber
Quiet One

Post by stabber »

Either you are going to do it one way or azools way. if you are going to show when people are getting points then it dont matter what you think it will lead too, it needs to be done the same way. That is the problem with this game is the way you all operate. Inconsistent all the way.

either you all learn to get consistent or continue to lose players. that is what you all need to decide.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

stabber wrote:Either you are going to do it one way or azools way. if you are going to show when people are getting points then it dont matter what you think it will lead too, it needs to be done the same way. That is the problem with this game is the way you all operate. Inconsistent all the way.

either you all learn to get consistent or continue to lose players. that is what you all need to decide.
We'll be consistent in that we will report bans when they won't result in screwing someone over. Otherwise we will.

You have to look at the reasons for the rules, not just the words.

As I said, the point of that board is to keep players up to date with the rules and rulings in cases about specific players. This particular case does not deal with a change in rules or deal with a specific player. Think of it like when we close accounts for multis, we don't post those there unless it has to do with an unclear rule.
-Henry David Thoreau
stabber
Quiet One

Post by stabber »

Azool wrote:
stabber wrote:Either you are going to do it one way or azools way. if you are going to show when people are getting points then it dont matter what you think it will lead too, it needs to be done the same way. That is the problem with this game is the way you all operate. Inconsistent all the way.

We'll be consistent in that we will report bans when they won't result in screwing someone over. Otherwise we will.

You have to look at the reasons for the rules, not just the words.

As I said, the point of that board is to keep players up to date with the rules and rulings in cases about specific players. This particular case does not deal with a change in rules or deal with a specific player. Think of it like when we close accounts for multis, we don't post those there unless it has to do with an unclear rule.
you all have posted the closing of multi's in that section. Again your not consistent with what it is there for. if you are going to put names in there at all to the public showing how they do wrong you should do it the same for everyone. Be consistent on either putting names in there or take that part of the board off. Who is to say you are not screwing someone over with putting their name out to the public you could black ball them possibly from being able to be apart of an alliance.

Granted not likely but still you are still putting that chance out there
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Clearly it has been somewhat inconsistent and some official guideline will need to be created to address this.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
neto
Quiet One

Post by neto »

Azool wrote:I did not announce them because it will only lead to accusations of cheating.
interesting, so you're saying that using scripts is not cheating?
i thought scripts were considered cheating...
why shouldn't a banned player be recognized for his actions?
MIDGET MADNESS!
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

you all have posted the closing of multi's in that section. Again your not consistent with what it is there for.
There is one post on that board that I see about multis...and that is because it was dealing in part with another issue. Therefore, it is consistent.
interesting, so you're saying that using scripts is not cheating?
i thought scripts were considered cheating...
No, thats not what I am saying. These players have been punished for using scripts (with the ban). There is no need to give them further punishment of continued accusations of cheating when they are probably not. For example, if I post that you were using a script, every time you get a kill someone would question if it was fair. Obviously that is not desirable.
why shouldn't a banned player be recognized for his actions?
Why should be he "recognized" if it doesn't deal with a new rule?
-Henry David Thoreau
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Azool wrote:
neto wrote:why shouldn't a banned player be recognized for his actions?
Why should be he "recognized" if it doesn't deal with a new rule?
Because people are responsible for their actions. By using an illegal mechanism to gain an advantage in the game, these players are responsible for any consequences that ensue, which may include unwarranted accusations.

I daresay it's better for those players to be dealing with those accusations then the admin team getting tarnished unfairly for the actions of these players.
What, you want something witty?