Question on Drone Formula

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Question on Drone Formula

Post by XDemonX »

I am confused on it. What is it? How does it work?

Battle Rifle (13) fires their WQ Human Sheild Vaporizer at Death Jester (62) destroying 200 shields.
Battle Rifle (13) fires their WQ Human Sheild Vaporizer at Death Jester (62) destroying 10 shields.
Battle Rifle (13) fires their Human Photon Torpedo at Death Jester (62) and misses.
Battle Rifle (13) fires their Human Photon Torpedo at Death Jester (62) destroying 50 drones.
Battle Rifle (13) fires their Nuke at Death Jester (62) and misses.
Battle Rifle (13) launches 49 drones at Death Jester (62) destroying 32 drones.
Battle Rifle (13) hits for a total of 458 damage in this round of combat.

Death Jester (62) fires their Planetary Pulse Laser at Battle Rifle (13) and misses.
Death Jester (62) fires their Big Momma Torpedo Launcher at Battle Rifle (13) which is deflected by their shields.
Death Jester (62) launches 153 drones at Battle Rifle (13) destroying 306 shields.
Death Jester (62) hits for a total of 306 damage in this round of combat.

Sorry for using you as a example Jester i am just curious about it

Jester was level 20. I was lvl 25. I destroyed 83 drones.. so 153 out of 192 drones shot at me? Roughly 80% of drones firing at me when i have 5 levels on him? Is that a little much? It seems the ITAC is beefed up a bit.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

You are forgetting that players fire simultaneously. So the amount of drones he has at the beginning of the round is the amount that fires at you.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Brink
Quiet One

Post by Brink »

actually trigek, xdx sounds right. players dont fire simultaneously, the top player fires first. the bottom player fires too, even if the top player killed him, but he would fire with the reduced drones. this is how things used to be, maybe they got changed. dunno
I don't care what alliances you have been in.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Brink wrote:actually trigek, xdx sounds right. players dont fire simultaneously, the top player fires first. the bottom player fires too, even if the top player killed him, but he would fire with the reduced drones. this is how things used to be, maybe they got changed. dunno
Nope, this got changed to both players fire simultaneously. THis is one of the reasons the ITAC became overpowered (in some people's opinion).
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Question on Drone Formula

Post by N.ator »

XDemonX wrote:I am confused on it. What is it? How does it work?

Jester was level 20. I was lvl 25. I destroyed 83 drones.. so 153 out of 192 drones shot at me? Roughly 80% of drones firing at me when i have 5 levels on him? Is that a little much? It seems the ITAC is beefed up a bit.
simple. exp doesnt mean crap!!
ImageImage
Brink
Quiet One

Post by Brink »

B.O.B. wrote:
Nope, this got changed to both players fire simultaneously. THis is one of the reasons the ITAC became overpowered (in some people's opinion).
wow, that coulda gotten me an easy podride. i need to keep up on things
I don't care what alliances you have been in.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

That is not right. The shooter should have small advantage. The Defender has advantage to watch the shot with CS screen. Think about it in battle, if i fire, then i get first hit and he returns fire. If it says i destroy the drones then the drones should be gone. I understand that the ship will fire back if it is destroyed, but the drones should not. The Drones is offense and defense. It is unbalanced. This is something that needs to change.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

XDemonX wrote:That is not right. The shooter should have small advantage. The Defender has advantage to watch the shot with CS screen. Think about it in battle, if i fire, then i get first hit and he returns fire. If it says i destroy the drones then the drones should be gone. I understand that the ship will fire back if it is destroyed, but the drones should not. The Drones is offense and defense. It is unbalanced. This is something that needs to change.
cloak is imbalanced, imo
Kerkem
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Do not change the topic Kerkem.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

the fact of the matter is that itac threads and cloak threads are started almost weekly, and they never go anywhere or change anything.
Why bother with another one?
Kerkem