Next Game (1.5?)

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Next Game (1.5?)

Post by Purify »

Sooooooooooooo, people are getting pumped for next game which apparently is going to be an entirely new version of 'SMR'....

What i want to know, is from what i understand this is going to be a 'Beta Test' which means there will probably be issues that will make it hard to be a competitive game (hope the community can survive it), however, there are people in the 'know' about this game and people not in the 'know'... I was wondering if before the launch if there was going to be any post describing the changes, so people can 'plan' their strategies accordingly?
Lord Ghostbear
Quiet One

Post by Lord Ghostbear »

im sure azool or someone will post something before the game..least so people would know so they could 'plan' their strategies
Lord Ghostbear, LGB, A Flufffy Bunny
Avalanche, Quiet Riot, _-=`Perfection`=-_, many more but those are most recent
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Im sure there will be a change log and description of said changes. If not, I will just make one. So fret not.

I think purify was worried because he got kicked off the team, so is now no longer privy to all the cool features :lol:
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

I'm sure Purify just wants to make sure that a selected few (beta testers), arn't the only ones who know what the changes are....

It has been said before that, the notification of changes and new features could be better announced.... and I do think this is a case in point....

New features should be announced at least 2 weeks before the new game starts, so that all of the community has time to discuss, strategise, formulate plans etc.

telling us all the night before the launch, doesn't help anyone... unless of course your team has a few beta testers on it... lol
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Swagman wrote:I'm sure Purify just wants to make sure that a selected few (beta testers), arn't the only ones who know what the changes are....

It has been said before that, the notification of changes and new features could be better announced.... and I do think this is a case in point....

New features should be announced at least 2 weeks before the new game starts, so that all of the community has time to discuss, strategise, formulate plans etc.

telling us all the night before the launch, doesn't help anyone... unless of course your team has a few beta testers on it... lol
First of all, I was only razzing puri. I wasnt serious. He will know that.

Secondly, like I said, Im sure Azool will put out a changelog and a description there of, if not, I will make one. But as for this magical time line you came up with, of 2 weeks before launch, that might not be possible. There is still alot to test, alot to change, critcal systems are still evolving and taking lots of work, and we are all doing this volunteer in our spare time along side, university, full time jobs, play SMR itself, having a social life, etc. Beta is still a month away, so lets just takes things one day at a time.

PS we will try and meet your demands of a 2 week buffer period :roll: :lol:
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

*You will just have to see and wait* :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

If and when Azool releases a change log, it will NOT be 2 weeks prior to the game. That gives us one week to finish testing. Thats not going to happen. Most of us are working on beta just as much as we are working on school work, and some of us moreso, and its just not going to happen in 1 week.

But rest assured, there will be some sort of a post with the changes.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

If you are not an Admin or Coder, do not publically release closed-beta info (even falsified beta info) without prior approval from the admin.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Admins Approval... riiight.... that won't take months to get a response... you guys can't even remember to delete players logs... i had to get Trigek to do it last weekend...

Anyways, PM Purify if you want to know the major changes....
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

This is why you cant let just anybody work on a game.