Lets ask the players, roll back to 1.0?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.

Roll back to old code?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 33

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Lets ask the players, roll back to 1.0?

Post by Blade »

STEBO48858 wrote:
Blade wrote:
Baalzamon wrote:
as for this, blade you seriously fail to realize how much work people have put forth to put out 1.5 and to say someone doesnt deserve to be an admin because ur basically crapping on his work is absolutely unjust and just flat out shouldnt be said

NO you fail to realise that in public there is a certain decorum you expect from an ADMIN, that does not include threatening to quit if something does not go their way.

Has nothing to do with what he has done to help the game, because threatening to quit if something didn't go his way is not helping anyone.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

1)Watch what you say. As much as I hate the rule, public critisism of admin is still a rule as of right now.

2)I'm threatining to quit because I as a person and as a player have absolutely no desire to play a game that is a watered down version of what I am used to right now. Why would I want to keep positions for a game that I wouldn't want to play? If you're taking it as some sort of ultimatum, you might want to rethink that. I have never been like that, nor do I ever plan on being that way.
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Blade wrote: because threatening to quit if something didn't go his way is not helping anyone.
This statement made by Blade is accurate.

With that said, even as someone who's left the game (and recognized with the change to 1.5 that he always might), I agree that rolling back at this point would not be the right call. SMR has to try to change, as it was dying in its current form.

I would love for 1.5 to succeed. But even if it doesn't, it's better to go out swinging.

Try to make rational arguments rather then emotional ones, and this thread can be productive.
What, you want something witty?
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I have made this poll to see what people think, as I dont think it would be ever made official.

But official or not it is interesting to know how people feel.

As for me and my alliance colleagues killing the game, from the 15th of this month I plan to fly solo, maybe make a small alliance of 5-10 people but dont plan on joining any major power. I hope other CoD follow suit, because when CoD are no longer a factor I dont think it will make much if any difference to the way the game is going right now.

That being a few people will be owed an apology.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I've deleted the posts that turned into pretty much pure flaming, now try to keep it clean, I know people have strong opinions both ways but there is no need to turn it into a flame war.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Heh..You don't want to play a watered down version of what we have now..Well most ouf us don't want to play a watered down version of tdzk...

As for a dominant alliance being the reason the game is inactive is 8) :D. DC vs Crus - DC dominated everything and everyone, and the game was still a hoot even if you werent in those 2 alliances..Now its just pathetic. Its nothing personal against what you guys have done. The 1.5 version has a place. But it should never have been released in place of SMR. Its best chance of doing well was to be released as a completely new concept, something fresh, without leaving all these reminders of how much fun the game used to be.

This 1.5 has a future, but its not ready, not with 1 coder, and nothing against you page, but i think your still learning how the code actually works(which is completely understandble because every coder does things different ways and its tough taking over someone elses pet project) which is the reason so many bugs have cropped up lately and why development/improvement has ground to a halt.

I think the best solution is to give us both, give us a game of SMR and a game of 1.5. We don't need to play 1.5 constantly to find bugs and we shouldnt be forced to.

But what do i know, im just another one of those people whose been playing this game in one form or another for nearly 11 years and i've never been less motivated to login since i took my first pod back in my first round. And i know i am not alone.
Ender
Quiet One

Post by Ender »

[quote="Baalzamon"]

If version 1 was to come back, I will say screw it to my admin position, screw it to beta leader, WB mod, committee member, NHL, and player in general. After playing 1.5 for over a year now (yes, i'm counting the beta work), I am not going to go back to v1.2.1, and I daresay that a huge number of people would feel the same way.

[quote]

HURRY BRING 1.0 BACK!,

Joking lol

I can see peoples frustrations but as its beta and as their is so few active players maybe we realy should look at making alliances smaller and taking away treatys, I think players need to take some responcobility here, in SF we capped our roster at 15 for a reason and we also have 1 3rd of those 15 as noobs in training and tbh we have 0 desire for anything, we are utterly un interested in planets, combat is so bugged its utterly worthless as port raiding so that leaves trading slowely, TBH SF's activity is not great we are active but at a minimal.

COD are just being strange im not understanding it at all, maybe its the we must win at all cost's mentality i dont know but even they must be lacking in any kind of direction as nobody is challenging them, SF could challenge them but why would we with the bugs?.

currently people are quitting daily and un usealy they are not coming back most site the bugs, yes its open beta but we had a long VERY long period where stuff was not changing and even now its not changing fast enough people are gaining advantages from bugs and that in itself is a demorilizer for others combine that with not being able to do much and you can pretty much wave buh bye to many a player.

I still have high hopes for 1.5 but i fear by time its sorted only COD will be around to play it.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I am glad I never lied down and quit when other alliances were dominating, like HoA, TF and many others.

Every game needs someone or something to dominate, it gives the game a purpose, to defeat the best, CoD will ultimately go down hill, because you have demoralised us with constant finger pointing, it's not like we have an active roster anymore and never a full one.
Ender
Quiet One

Post by Ender »

I noticed you said "you" ok thats fine i have done my fair share of omg you bug abusing bastards and here's why actuely here's not why, but i have several instances where COD membors have confessed to using bugs and that does not impress me thus when people gloat i'll challenge them always have Blade you know this better then most we aint differant and i still want my ear back, one person in SF told me they used a bug and they got booted, i wont post the IRC chats with the confessions as i prefer these days to fix the bugs and move along but when somebody is saying zomg we are this that and everything well actuely........

as for a powerhouse, yup i agree with that it gives the whole game direction, if their wernt bugs SF would already be bashing our ships against your gals/planets and players but their is so why would i demorilise my people more then the bugs already are?

I just wish their was a way that the power house could be stopped from noob bashing, vet bashing ok fair enough but noob or new player or getting started player thats just not good for the game but with the game having less then 50 actives and 20 of those being in COD i see why people shoot anything i would myself.

Lets just get the game bug free and a possible reset I hope COD stick together and be the focal point and then when we have a bug free game we can see about giving COD a challange
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

WHAT BUGS ENDER!?

As of last code update game is absolutely stable and fully functional. Following step is implementing features that were announced, half coded but still not in.
omg you bug abusing bastards
This is a public accusation. I want someone to get into this.
Use The Force(s)!