Backwards

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
yamo
Quiet One

Backwards

Post by yamo »

a thought came to me that mebbe the game design is backwards. capable, dedicated players get high experience, lots of cash, and extras....therefore they become harder to compete against. to make the game inclusive and competetive...high experience should handicap a player rather than buff him. new players would havve an advantage that would wane as they improve. equally high/low exp players would be even. And top players would have to maintain their position in the face of severe penalties. Still keep "score" by experience ...

2 cents, please.
Old Soul. Newbie Skills!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Backwards

Post by Infinity »

What's the point then in dedicated play?
Use The Force(s)!
yamo
Quiet One

Post by yamo »

play...for the love of the game?
Old Soul. Newbie Skills!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

You need a training alliance.
Use The Force(s)!
Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

with that idea i would trade for cash and once i had enough for a warbird i would then dump cargo to get my xp back to 0 then have the most unbeatable warbird as i would have low exp and a high ship and when i got exp from a kill i would just dump cargo again. you would see vets just being hunters from about day 3 rather than them taking 4 weeks to trade to get exp high enough to be "safe" when hunting.

to be honest your idea would totally kill the game coz ppl would do exactly what i said.
In order to stab someone in the back, you first must be 100% behind them!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Dilbert wrote:with that idea i would trade for cash and once i had enough for a warbird i would then dump cargo to get my xp back to 0 then have the most unbeatable warbird as i would have low exp and a high ship and when i got exp from a kill i would just dump cargo again. you would see vets just being hunters from about day 3 rather than them taking 4 weeks to trade to get exp high enough to be "safe" when hunting.

to be honest your idea would totally kill the game coz ppl would do exactly what i said.
yamo
Quiet One

Post by yamo »

you could tie the bonus/penalty to total exp gained/game...like hof stats...would prevent this see-saw hunting you describe.
Old Soul. Newbie Skills!
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

I think your idea would be better if say the benefits of higher experience leveled out as you got more experience. Like a nice logarithmic curve :).
-when there is a will there is a way