I'll take a ban if needed because...

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Izzanods
Quiet One

Re: I'll take a ban if needed because...

Post by Izzanods »

I knew I needed to clarify my term "admin"

I'm basically calling out the admins who deal with the in-game aspects and that's vague but it is what it is.

The wb and chat are two things I try and avoid. I admit--I'm not a big fan of socializing with the average player. If I know you--that's one thing but I have very little interest talking about anything with "xyz" in #smr. So, I apologize to the admins in those areas. If Nariis is only supposed to be involved in the storyline, she too gets an apology. I guess that leads to wonder who the heck is "running" this game day in and day out.

Unless I'm told specific names, Edge and Kiky are my votes (if I had one--ok, if I had 2). Hades would be great on a committee board but I doubt she would do it. I've done chat op and the committee and it drove me bonkers. Fighting with Ard was like what I expect getting root canal by Mad Matt would be like. Ard had some good ideas about the mechanics of the game but he fought tooth and nail on EVERYTHING and it drove me bonkers (I MISS YOU BONKIES!!!).

I'm just frustrated at the game. The in-game globals, the multi's, the names of the multi's. It's terrible. It ruins the game. As I said previously--who would stay if they made an account now and saw those names? (thank you spock for manually fixing them).

I'm not easy to like. I'm often sarcastic and obnoxious and I talk a lot of smack. However, I have the games best interest at heart. It's really that simple.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

Izzanods wrote:I'm not easy to like. I'm often sarcastic and obnoxious and I talk a lot of smack. However, I have the games best interest at heart. It's really that simple.
Never has a truer word been spoken.....

And although this seems like a slur on Izzy, it's not.... I agree with Izzy 99% of the time, he just talks straight, and if that offends it's tough... hehe

/Me > Izzy..

I can understand Spock only giving limited access to individuals, afetr all he's trying to keep some control over the game, which is fine, but he has to realise, that all games, big and small do need daily interaction, for instances that started this thread.. And if Spock can't be here each day to do the necessary to the 'live' database, then I'm afraid he will have to loosen his grip and give that access to somebody, or watch the playerbase further dwindle, into obscurity
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Izzanods wrote:Ard had some good ideas about the mechanics of the game but he fought tooth and nail on EVERYTHING and it drove me bonkers (I MISS YOU BONKIES!!!).
I like Ardbeg also and to me he was one of the best and straight forward SM/SMR players.

Spock has in the pass given game powers to people he thought he could trust, just to find out that they were mis-using that trust. Some of you may not remember but a few years ago he made ??? can't think of their name right now. But after he got admin powers he would at the end of his play each day he would give himself a newbie turn. You give the admin power to the wrong person and if that person gets a bug up their butt, they can cause more problems to the game then not having any admin. So while I agree that the way things are now needs to change, I think it is best to wait until Page has more of the Admin controls coded into the game. That is if he is working on admin controls!
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

You're a real meathead Sterling but you're right, it was the player named "MeatHead" although I think that would be a perfect name for Mad Matt.
Jaimasterr

Post by Jaimasterr »

Izzanods for admin imho

not easy to like? thats not how i remember you babe *wink*

how is SMR still here if there are no active admins? Spock opening rounds in a fire and forget fashion or something? Simple fix, give the tools to active players. 4 or 5 of us had them in TDZK. TDZK had a really flexible sniffer tool too, that could be taught with just a few pointers. Just a matter of finding active players you can trust to be honest and above board.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Jaimasterr wrote:Izzanods for admin imho

not easy to like? thats not how i remember you babe *wink*

how is SMR still here if there are no active admins? Spock opening rounds in a fire and forget fashion or something? Simple fix, give the tools to active players. 4 or 5 of us had them in TDZK. TDZK had a really flexible sniffer tool too, that could be taught with just a few pointers. Just a matter of finding active players you can trust to be honest and above board.

Hey old friend, good to see you post here
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

Ksv Fire Your Guns!

I can't even remember if that's right---that's how long it's been.

Always good to hear from you Jai :) How you been????

SH still raiding 16K for you every other day? God...the good old days in TDZK :)

I'm not going to let this topic fall into the abyss. I want answers. We deserve answers.
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Having been a part of the game's management (and long gone from it) as an "admin", I can tell you the issues being pointed at here are not to be laid at the feet of the (seemingly) current active admin team, who are doing what they have been mandated to do.

Izza, you may want to cool your guns a bit.
What, you want something witty?
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

Why should I cool my guns?

Look at the facts: some of us still play this game. Because we do, we SHOULD be entitled to be in the know. That doesn't mean we're going to agree with everything but the state of the game has issues--especially the admin input dealing directly with the game. RO, I got nothing but respect for you but the majority of active players are frustrated. This is a free game and I'm thankful for that but posts like yours just aren't on point. You're not in touch with certain aspects. I walked away from the game but I'm back--as evident by my level 140+ planet---I think as an active player I should be allowed to voice concerns.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Izzanods wrote:The crap continues. I know it's already posted somewhere else about the issue with the multi's being made by a certain someone or a few people and I know punks who act like children are tough to control but this is unacceptable. My point is and we've been down this road before---
Taken care of. The person responsible for the ships and accounts has an indefinite ban, the names have been changed, and we're working on the ships.
Who are the admins of this game that CARE? I don't want to hear about who currently holds that such title because it's all YOU PEOPLE DO---is have a title associated with your name.
Current Admins/Coder: DWizz, Baalzamon, Nariis, Page
WE might have a problem with limited players but none of us active players deserves inactive admins who not only don't help the game but let this kind of garbage continue. Why is it that the admins NEVER even respond here? DO THE ADMINS DO AYTHING?
First and foremost, check the current admin post counts. We all respond. I pretty much live in the Music building on campus and on SMRCNN. DWizz takes care of chat extremely well, as his job is dictated to. I believe I do a good job of the webboard, as I'm dictated to. Nariis' work is behind the scenes more and is doing her work as dictated. Page is doing an amazing job doing what he does. As for administering the game, with the recent introduction of Admin tools, now we CAN do that, where before, not so much. So yes, we do things, yes we respond, and yes we care.
I formally vote to remove admin powers of EVERYONE due to inactivity or complete ignorance.
That sucks. SMR isn't a democracy, as its been pointed out to me multiple times in the past, whether i was a normal player, committee member, or admin. Countless occassions, its pointed out to me. If you don't want someone as admin, take it up with other admins, player base cannot vote an admin out of power.

[/quote] I like most of the admins personally and they're fun as hell to talk with and even fly with in game but the fact is this:[/quote]
Aw, I like you too Izza :-)
I don't care this game is only in BETA. Anyone who finds this game now will be turned off IMMEDIATELY to the crap that is hurting this game. The active people TRYING to help this game deserve better.
You're right. Which is why we're constantly working on improving the game, whether it is behind the scenes or out in the open in front of the rest of the playerbase.
I shouldn't be banned because like I said--the "admins" here are only admins in title--NOTHING ELSE.
I'm not banning you, I understand your frustration, and I know its a common frustration. And the "admins" are "Admins". You're right, its only a title, but that title dictates that you respect us and carry out your concerns in a polite, preferably professional, fashion. But like I said, I'm not banning you for this thread.
My warp is flooded with multi's with names and it's a joke that this can't be fixed.
Person responsible has been banned, the names have been changed, and until the ships can be removed, I suggest you learn the EV scan, and when it changes, you know that someone is there other then the multi ships. Ya, a pain in the rear, but for now, its probably the only thing to do.
If there is an admin active, I might apologize to him/her but that depends on what is posted.
No need to apologize
I don't expect a lot of support since this isn't usually the best way to convey frustration but I bet most of the "community" is frustrated as well.
I think you got a lot more support then you had initially thought.

Answered your post directly. If thats not what you wanted, let me know in PMs or in chat.

We're working hard, beta team is developing constantly, admins are more active then you realize, and its not just a select few worried about things. Having to work constantly on school work and RL issues, and then coming on here and dealing with griping, then going in chat and dealing with griping, and logging into the game and dealing with griping is more then enough for me, and it would be for anyone. If you have concerns that were not voiced in this thread, take it up with me or another admin in private.

This thread is now closed, case close, discussion over. If anyone has any gripes, take them up to me, dwizz, or nariis via PM and/or chat.

Any more threads like this will be deleted as they come up to me.