I'll take a ban if needed because...

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Izzanods
Quiet One

I'll take a ban if needed because...

Post by Izzanods »

The crap continues. I know it's already posted somewhere else about the issue with the multi's being made by a certain someone or a few people and I know punks who act like children are tough to control but this is unacceptable. My point is and we've been down this road before---

Who are the admins of this game that CARE? I don't want to hear about who currently holds that such title because it's all YOU PEOPLE DO---is have a title associated with your name.

WE might have a problem with limited players but none of us active players deserves inactive admins who not only don't help the game but let this kind of garbage continue. Why is it that the admins NEVER even respond here? DO THE ADMINS DO AYTHING?

I formally vote to remove admin powers of EVERYONE due to inactivity or complete ignorance. I like most of the admins personally and they're fun as hell to talk with and even fly with in game but the fact is this:

I don't care this game is only in BETA. Anyone who finds this game now will be turned off IMMEDIATELY to the crap that is hurting this game. The active people TRYING to help this game deserve better.

I shouldn't be banned because like I said--the "admins" here are only admins in title--NOTHING ELSE.

My warp is flooded with multi's with names and it's a joke that this can't be fixed.

If there is an admin active, I might apologize to him/her but that depends on what is posted.

I don't expect a lot of support since this isn't usually the best way to convey frustration but I bet most of the "community" is frustrated as well.

PLEASE SPOCK AND AZOOL.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: I'll take a ban if needed because...

Post by Blade »

Harsh in content, but thruth in words
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I know Baalz is active, Nariis has already stated she is not active and the others I do not know about
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
igGy
Quiet One

Post by igGy »

+support

SMR's real problem is its lack of active admins. As Izza said, if the old ones are inactive, get new ones.

P.S. Hi, Izzy. :)
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

I also know it's so hard to find the "right" people to be admins. Everyone seems to have a flaw or two and the popular consensus is to wait to find the perfect person but in this case, a temporary admin or two might be the way to go.

Edge, Swag, and Kiky come to mind. Sterling and JJ perhaps?

Maybe limited roles/power to start but anything is better than what we currently have.

Baalz is inactive at the moment due to RL and I totally understand that. RL should come first but we also need active admins who care while he is busy. If we're relying on him to begin with-that's the first problem but certainly not the only one.

Izzanods
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Well pick 2 active guys who care and give them admin status.

Agreed, ofc.
Use The Force(s)!
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

First off--NOT ME.

If I had to pick 2 people right now: Edge and Kiky.

Both have played since the game underwent substantial changes. Both are active. Both have played before the changes and understand the community.

I would also pick Sterling and JJ to be partial admins. Sterling can be very tough at times and lose his cool but his insight and passion is second to none. He would be more involved in the mechanics of the game and not with the everyday people aspect. JJ is also passionate about the game and should be rewarded for his dedication to the game. Both would need to be below Edge and Kiky but have the ability to handle various aspects for the game.

I just want progress. Nothing seems to happen overnight and without BOB, we have a huge void. All that is asked for is improvement with progress.

Blade seems to want to help and I don't see how he isn't taken up on his offer--even if he's not a full admin.

I want someone to explain to me why I should play this game at the moment with admins who not only don't play but don't seem to care. We can't self-police ourselves.
Last edited by Izzanods on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i wouldnt mind coming on in some sort of capacity whether its multi checking, promoting the game, or whatever else. Anything that can and would be needed from me ill gladly help out. Being that i am a beta helper and the beta leader i feel that i have a decent grasp of the ideas of the game and the direction we want it to go in.

Along with the fact i have been previously chat op, wb mod and committee member. among other things the majority of the game knows how they can contact me at any time of the day, and receive response in under 12 hours.
Last edited by JettJackson on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

I'm late for work, but I will take time to respond to this.

I am the chat admin. My job is to administrate the chat (mainly #smr) and make sure the rules are followed. I think in that role I do a good job. I have the tools to do my job in chat and so I do.

I also did all I could for that certain situation with the inappropriate names, which was pass it on to Page as soon as I received the complaint. The problem is that in game I have absolutely no power to enforce anything, due to the absence of admin tools. Can't ban, can't change names, can't even send out admin messages. So I can see why it seems like I am inactive, but in reality no admins in the history of SMR have been so ill prepared to do their jobs. Its as simple as I can't do anything about it except pass it on to someone who can.

No need to apologize to me really. As an admin I believe it is my responsibility to do my best for the community and I think it is fair that I respond when you think my performance has been lacking. But I think I have done the best I could with the time I've had. If all this does is assure you that I'm here and trying my best then it was worth it. And if you still think that I am lacking in my performance of my duties then I am sorry as well, but I would really really like to hear your ideas on how I could do it better.
Now I'm really late for work :shock:
-when there is a will there is a way
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

If I really must (just exchanged few msgs with IZza in game on this, so he knows why I wouldn't), ok. I can handle it :) been there, done that before, not in a game but on a IT related web-board with 3% of female members ;)
Use The Force(s)!