Next game alliance cap or not?

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.

Cap alliances to 15 men

Yes
68%
No
18%
Other (Post below)
14%

Total votes: 28

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Next game alliance cap or not?

Post by Infinity »

20 actives is exactly what EE has now, I'm not removing members only cause it's a drag to remove all of their mines.
Use The Force(s)!
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

Message, with link back, has been sent in game.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

We've had 30 man cap for as long as i can remember. It is not working. Lets try something new!

I voted for 15 man cap because I want to see how it will work. Do a 3 month game with 15 man cap, i believe there shouldn't even be a vote on it. Admins should just do it and let everyone deal with it. 3 month isn't long, if it works then it works. If it doesn't work then we change it back to 30 or a different number. No big deal.

What a 15 man alliance will do, as stated is split up big alliances and give more wars!. Right now there are 2 alliances are are warring each other a little. Fool's Errand decided to split up because everyone was bored and wanted to kill each other. I've been trading this game and with FE splitted up I now have to pay attention because there are now players that can kill me. It will be great if we split up alliances

But i agree with others that if we do 15 man cap, leaders take responsibility to take on several newbies and get them into it. Just don't make a alliance with 15 vets.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
baboom

Post by baboom »

well i myself think we wont known untill we try so yes to alliance cap of 15
Jasmine

Post by Jasmine »

I voted other, i think mabye a 15 cap is a little too limiting but I agree that alliance size should be dropped down. I dont play anymore but id certainly like to again. I quit cause theres no point in playing when theres only like 2 or 3 big alliances and all they do is go after each other or put mines everywhere so no one can move around. Its boring and there needs to be more alliances around to make everything more interesting again.
Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens
Mal

Post by Mal »

Edgecrusher wrote:Your argument doesn't hold, kah, because in 15-man alliances, vets can *also* take the responsibility to not join up. I call on everyone to have no more than 5 vets per alliance, and 10 newbies to train. Of course, Sterling counts as a newbie.
I think edge hit the nail on this one. We need to split the vets and while a cap may be beside the point, I think that it is worth a shot. It couldn't be worse than the alliance structure we are looking at right now.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

The way the vote is going it's very simple math, the player base agree change is needed.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

The vote seems to be a go for 15 player alliance cap. The one thing everyone needs to remember is, its for a game period. So if you voted for the 15 player cap and after a few weeks don't cry if it doesn't work out how you may think it should. The reason I am bring this up is because a few times the players have asked for something and when they got it. They found that it did not work out the way they wanted and would then be crying for a game restart. I just want to list a few problem with this 15 man alliance cap thing.

It is going to be harder to build planets.
It is going to be harder to build and maintain mine fields.
It is going to be harder to do OPs.
It is going to be harder to make enough money.
Alliances that don't have all full time players will not fair very good.
There will be more hunters because hunting takes less resources and is closer to a solo play.

The vets should know these things and I hope they will not be kicking out new players that can not login enough or can not perform because of the limit of 15 player alliance cap. As for myself I plan to either create an alliance for new players or will join an alliance with new players in it. So unless the vote changes soon we will see how it goes. I am looking forward to playing a new game from the start date, lets have fun.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Freon22 wrote: It is going to be harder to build planets.
I disagree, each alliance even when only 30 generally has a set builder/s
Freon22 wrote: It is going to be harder to build and maintain mine fields.
I disagree, the mine fields will be half the size so less maintain, you still need to make the people seed be it in a 10 or 100 man alliance.
Freon22 wrote: It is going to be harder to make enough money.
I dont see why, half the ships to buy, your not capping the ports or making ships more expensive.
Freon22 wrote: It is going to be harder to do OPs.
It will be more of a challenge, this game needs a challenege I think
Freon22 wrote: Alliances that don't have all full time players will not fair very good.
Thats different to how we are currently playing in what way, we have 2 big alliances and the rest do not fair very well.
Freon22 wrote: There will be more hunters because hunting takes less resources and is closer to a solo play.
Hunting is suppose to be 30% of this game, it's the point to it, trade, hunt and raid.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I avoided to answer to Freon's post, not to poison the vote thread, but since Blade did it, I'm just gonna say Blade has a point on each thing said there.
Use The Force(s)!