webboard rules

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

webboard rules

Post by Blade »

I brought this up but see nothing as of yet, the weeboard rules are missing.

I also think that things here are too easily locked, left to boil over in game in globals as we have seen in the last few months, this policy of lock anything that look remotely argumentative is having a part at not helping this game progress.

I say this as from all the games I have played this webboard is very strict. At the end of the day it is a game and like any game people are going have very different ideas in how the game should go, what people should do and so on.

There are certain things that should always be dealt with without even thought, swearing, racism, abbusive conduct, sexual or verbal assualts. But not locked because someone comes in and says hey so and so you have done this and I think it's wrong, unless your breaking the rule by doing this to an admin of course.

I will use the recent topic that Edge made as an example, and Baalz knows I am not by any means saying anything bad against Baalz, I like him and try to help, he is only following the path set down before him. But it was locked far to easily, and left people with no way to explain themselves, no one used bad language (apart from Edge who should of been warned for avoiding the swear filter) but no way a means to lock the subject.

I ask you to look at these rules and get them rewritten and published, a long with the newbie help files we need these, I would happily help with others to come up with rules, do not get me wrong we need rules. Just some times things need to be said by the players, this is a webboard, it is here to air concerns, problems and the good times, it is now just used for a bug forum and not much else.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: webboard rules

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, to be perfectly clear, I tried to use the word p.i.s.s.e.d., but the filter turned it into a smiley. The filter is extremely strict and sometimes even the powers that be cannot explain to me why something is filtered. It's not as if I get banned or something, and everyone can use his or her imagination, but I think it is a bit exaggerated. I know americans tend to be a bit prudish when it comes to certain language, but this is just :)

This further adds to Blade's post, but I hate him for making me look bad :) <- real smiley.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Alright, so due to problems beyond my control, the past few weeks have been the (no exageration) most stressful of my life. And the next two or three won't be much better. For that reason, my activity has dropped almost to the point of azool's. The plan is to get WB rules posted, calmed down, and the filter changed a bit. Its not going to happen overnight (like I had told blade about a week ago now, and i'm sorry for lying) But know that it IS something I'm aware of and working on.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

The rules are actually in the Announcement forum as part of the main rules (or at least they were there before I left).

I'd post a link, but it is really hard to navigate to other pages here, so just go to Announcements and it should be a Sticky or Announcement near the top.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Bob those rules on announcement are game rules though, we are looking for maybe a specific set for the web board itself, more rigid guidelines, as the game rules dont cover every issue that the web board can/does face.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

B.O.B. wrote:The rules are actually in the Announcement forum as part of the main rules (or at least they were there before I left).

I'd post a link, but it is really hard to navigate to other pages here, so just go to Announcements and it should be a Sticky or Announcement near the top.
I looked and could not find the thread you had on the rules. I think Baalzamon copyed the rules and reposted them. Here is the link, I think its the same. http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9705
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Freon22 wrote:
B.O.B. wrote:The rules are actually in the Announcement forum as part of the main rules (or at least they were there before I left).

I looked and could not find the thread you had on the rules. I think Baalzamon copyed the rules and reposted them. Here is the link, I think its the same. http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9705
yes but those are game rules, i believe there should be a second seperate set for the web board also

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Did a rough draft for you to ponder

1. Forum Content
There is no age restriction on SMRealms, so please do not post material that is not in keeping with the following rules.

a. Do not post images or content that is not suitable for this site. This includes messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise unwanted.

b. Swearing in thread titles is not allowed

d. Swearing and circumvention of the swear filter may result in a warning or a webboard ban from the staff.

2. Abusive Posts and PMs
Most of us here are grown up enough to get on nicely with each other, but some like to make life difficult for others. This could be in the shape of prejudice or targeting a specific user or social group.

a. If a user bothers you, simply add them to your ignore list.

b. Continual abuse towards other users may result in action from forum staff.

c. Please report abuse to a forum mod or admin.

d. If the issue is PM based, please post this in private to a mod or admin. This rule also covers abuse towards SMRealms as an organisation.

e. Any threads that could turn into and/or are already an abusive thread towards any persons will be closed or removed.

3. Moderation
Staff can close, remove, edit or move posts or threads at their discretion in order to maintain a harmony on the site.

a. If a post you have made has been moderated, please live with it. Staff do not edit posts for the fun of it.

b. Threads questioning staff action will be closed or removed. Abuse towards SMR staff will not be tolerated and may result in gagging or in severe cases, banning. Please remember that no staff member is paid to do their job, please don't make life difficult for them.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i definately like these rough guidelines

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Yelp, good job Blade!