Experience from Port Raiding

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Izzanods
Quiet One

Experience from Port Raiding

Post by Izzanods »

I can't confirm the actual figures because I don't know them but after talking to Sterling today and looking at his xp as well as Kiky, it's apparent to me that the xp received from port raiding is clearly incorrect. I can't imagine anyone should be making over 20,000 xp to raid ports.

Remember, this isn't a real game yet and we're here to fix things...not take advantage of obvious errors.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Experience from Port Raiding

Post by Infinity »

We all got between 20 and 28k, I think I got the most, Nijarins rule! :)

There's a gain for busting the port down, which is nice thing to have but xp gains from doing damage, not only while hitting ports but clearing or shooting ships, are kinda big. On the other hand, we've busted bunch of ports (2 lvl7s and lots of small ones, 16ish total, 3-4 raided twice) and even if there was an idea about gaining some more xp, there was a strategic value in those raids as well. That xp is equal to about average trading gain per day we have in the game right now, used to be far smaller.

Some cutting down would be in order, definitely.
Use The Force(s)!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

While we're at ports... could someone check the accuracy formula for ports, I believe there's something weird going on there, we were doing pretty high damage, even people with low xp were hitting from raid guns with very high total hit percentage.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

id say 10k for pr is alot so definately 20k is, especially with how hard it is to trade this game, making 20k-30k pr is too high
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

But on scale is 20k now really that much, pre 1.5 you made exp also, and you could in SM/SMR make 2-3k from a PR, so 20k on scale isn't that different.

Just my 2 pence worth.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Infinity wrote:While we're at ports... could someone check the accuracy formula for ports, I believe there's something weird going on there, we were doing pretty high damage, even people with low xp were hitting from raid guns with very high total hit percentage.
Possibly ship maneuverability coming into effect for raids - whereas before it was affecting nothing. I would expect that's the cause
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

On topic: it isn't huge, but it wasn't 20k, but nearly 30k for most of us and considering our repairs we could have done more raiding and make at least another 15k each which is nearing huge. As larger part comes from shooting, I think it should be tweaked done to match spent SC etc.

@Page, that needs fixing, makes no sense that a guy with lvl15 hits 80% time with weapon which base accuracy is 40% (even with his Incr Acc and stat points, hit percentage was still sky high).
Use The Force(s)!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Checked in beta, xp gained from shooting is 1/10th of total damage, plus 500xp for busting down a lvl1 port. I don't know if higher lvl ports give more xp when busted.

Also, I got a Wrath, with 2 Death Rays, 3 NIPBs and 3 HPTs, busted 22 lvl1 ports and 1 lvl3, for 280 past repairs and 70SC from ER and gained 25k xp. Bonus from busting port seems to be fixed 500xp. After that it's pointless to continue as lvl1 port takes 6-7 shots (compare it to 3 shots with this setup on 0 repairs).

I'm guessing I could pull out 30-32k if I had all Death Rays.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I think the bonus is 500*lvl (as you got 500 for a lvl1).
If you were to rotate triggers you can likely get even more exp, but it does cost money for uno etc (not that it's such a problem in 1.5 even with lower money this round)
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I think I got 500 for that one lvl3 I could bust on my own in beta.
And yeah, we could have raided more ports, we still had 3-4 people that haven't triggered :)
Use The Force(s)!