Latest Bugs

Moderators: Edgecrusher, Vladdy

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Latest Bugs

Post by N.ator »

i think i am having the same error. i cant use the route calculator to find routes.

can you just post the old one too so i can download it also?
ImageImage
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

The latest version fixed that problem for me.
Open your .sma file and delete the last section about the peace and delete your startup.txt after update.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

how do i get the .sma file?
ImageImage
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

the .sma file speeds up the route calculation. a quote from the MGU release thread:
Maybe a little suggestion for the usage of the new .sma file: it significantly increases speed, but will have to be built first (full version is about 40M, which is too large for me to include here), I advise you to build the .sma file by doing a search with three-way routes selected for the entire galaxy or even parts of the galaxy, but only one race selected. Then the next search, select an additional race, etc. Depending on your computer this will take about 5 minutes per search, but it will automatically build your .sma file so next searches will be much faster.

The .sma file should save automatically after each search, but if you feel that it doesn't. you can always just do it manually.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Yes, there is no need to manually create the .sma file, but once it is there, you can view and manipulate it using any text editor.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

so just change the name to (name of game).sma ? manually?
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

could we just make it so instead of downloading a .smr we just make it the .sma?
ImageImage
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

Thats not possible. My .sma file is already 40mb+.
You do not want 200 players downloading such a file from server at once and furthermore SMR does not have the logic of creating routes.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

.sma file does not need any action from the user. It is created and updated automatically, but if you want to, you can view and modify it.

If people want to share their .sma file that's possible, but as Spock said the file is too large to include it in the mgu.zip file. I am working on reducing the size, because right now it stores a lot of redundant information, but I am not sure that in the end I can make it small enough so that you can transfer it easily.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

(me still confused where i can get the .sma file)
ImageImage