New MGU developer wanted

Moderators: Edgecrusher, Vladdy

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: New MGU developer wanted

Post by N.ator »

make it so you can go to a sector with it centered.
ImageImage
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Edge, i associated the file type and doubleclicking the map does launch the game but it doesnt load that map, it just loads MGU. You have to use the ingame menu and load the game.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Edgecrusher wrote:Multi-core optimisation isn't coming, I said I'd look into it, but no clue how difficult it is. The datastructure I use makes that most computation can be easily done multi-core, but I have no experience with it yet.
Basic multi-core stuff isn't too hard, just split it into jobs for each port to find routes to ports that are in a higher sector number than themselves (so work isn't repeated) and then farm them off onto some worker threads, synchronising and merging the results at the end. That will give quite a speed up, although admittedly it could be more fine grained and get a bit more performance but really that by itself does plenty, that's the structure I used when I added it to TheLazyTrader back when I made it a few years ago now.
Haven't looked at the new MGU code admittedly to see how easy it would be to separate the route generation into separate chunks of work but should be perfectly possible (can use the same idea for the arming route stuff).
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Multi-core shouldn't be too difficult, I understand the principles, just haven't done it in C# yet.

"make it so you can go to a sector with it centered."

This feature has been in MGU for a few years now.
Hugh
Quiet One

Post by Hugh »

I don't care for MGU, so, nothing from me.

But, I would like to Thank Edge for all the hardwork he HAS done, to give the community a working program when page decided to change the sector file output.
Edge will be missed. Hope everything goes well for him, and if he gets bored enough, to stop by for random visits.
Hugh
~-~-~
Currently with Path TO Oblivion
Previously with Tyranical Rule, Undead Umbrellas, Contraction, V.E.N.o.M, Quiet Riot, System Failure, RoD, TLS and others that don't come to mind...
Led iLegitimate Basterds

Hated 1.5