Unexplored Sectors

Moderators: Edgecrusher, Vladdy

Page
SMR Coder

Unexplored Sectors

Post by Page »

Can we have a ? or something next to multipliers which might be shortened by an unexplored sector.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Unexplored Sectors

Post by Edgecrusher »

Uhm, of course. I'm not sure how I'm going to implement that, because if you don't know the connectivity of the unexplored sector, distances between sectors cannot be calculated, but gimme one week of eating spinach and I am sure I will figure it out.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

You can figure the minimum possible distance (ie assume all unexplored sectors to be 4 ways)? If the minimum possible distance is lower than the distance index then the distance index is questionable. Obviously you cannot account for warps (and probably need to add that warning along with the explanation of the ?), but it would still be useful to have an idea if a route is at all trustworthy.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Yeah, if you assume a four-way unexplored sector it is doable, but then you can only say *if* a route is questionable, not *how* questionable it is.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

It would still help, as it stands my alliance is lacking quite a lot of maps, so MGU is nice enough to generate some perf 27x routes (well, not far off from it anyway) and it would be nice to easily know that they're questionable rather than having to go off to the gal map and check.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I have tried my best, but I cannot figure out a way to determine what unexplored sectors influence the uncertainty of a route. And even if there was, the current implementation of unexplored sectors makes them valid sectors but with walls on all sides.

Since this is only a minor issue (just get all maps), I decided not to follow up on it at this moment, maybe later when I have time.