Route calculation is off

Moderators: Edgecrusher, Vladdy

Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Route calculation is off

Post by Edgecrusher »

My route calculations are totally f***ed when I try to compute routes in the large galaxies. Says I have a 4d route with 7x multipliers. And don't go telling me that is the fault of the brilliant map designer who thought in-galaxy warps were a good idea, cause I am sure a smart guy like Edge would know a way around that.

Also, route calculation seems off again. Why can't this stupid program just find the damn routes?
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Route calculation is off

Post by Edgecrusher »

In-galaxy warps have been fixed, doing the final testing before putting it online.

That MGU can't find some routes only happens when searching for profit routes and has to do with the fact that I've been trying too hard to improve computation time: I implemented a cut-off value that balances the two sides of every route. It works great, reducing the numbers of routes I consider by a factor 50, but obviously for profit routes, where only one side has to provide the profit, this doesn't help. I am implementing a textbox that allows the user to give the cut-off value. A lower value means route searching will be significantly faster, but that some routes may not be found. This will also be in the next update.