Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

:lol: :lol: Yelp they made that sign in responses to what he said. lol
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

meh

make sure u dont say anything negative about the military or about hte United States or all the rednecks and right wing people will jump all over you. I thought that was the land of the free? apparently u get castrated if you speak ur mind.
Trade_warranT
Quiet One

Post by Trade_warranT »

man i think everyone just misunderstood what he said. he was actualyl shooting at Bush not the army... just worded it bad
Trade warrants, get your trade warrants...

___*imagine this is a picture*___
PLAYING WITH COURAGE AND HONOR
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

i wonder if they used lead based paint??
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Thennian wrote:meh

make sure u dont say anything negative about the military or about hte United States or all the rednecks and right wing people will jump all over you. I thought that was the land of the free? apparently u get castrated if you speak ur mind.
Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see anyone getting castrated in the above image...

So apparently from your statement, "Jon Carry" can crack a "joke" about US troops, but if they send a reply joke back, all the sudden they are castrating him with their jokes?

You're logic is flawed dude.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Purify wrote:i wonder if they used lead based paint??
I'm sure they were. ;)
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Curufir

Post by Curufir »

I've seen the speech. It's very clear he's talking about the administration getting stuck in Iraq, not the troops. The whole issue is Republican spin doctoring. I mean ffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8yp5Gpo3G4
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Curufir I went to that link and listened. Didn't he say this?
Kerry wrote:You know Education if you make the most of it and study hard do your homework and if you make the effort to be smart you can do well if not you get stuck in Iraqi.
Now that video was not his whole speech so I don't know what he was taking about before his quote. But it does sound like he is saying "if you don't study hard and if you don't do your homework and if you don't make an effort to be smart then your butt is going to Iraqi. So who is over there in Iraqi?
Curufir

Post by Curufir »

Yes he does say that, but why would you start out a statement making fun of Bush and halfway through just switch tack to mock your own country's military? It doesn't make sense. It really doesn't make sense while he's trying to boost another Democrat's election campaign. I'd be far more interested in what the media isn't reporting while this spin-generated "issue" is occupying the front page.

Guess I just find all the political garbage irritating. It seems all modern politicians know how to do is badmouth their opponents. Any real issues are selected based on whatever a computer tells them will win marginal seats. The whole thing disgusts me. Elections have been reduced to choosing which group is likely to screw you over the least. I wouldn't trust any one of them to organise a ;) up in a brewery.

(That last paragraph is directed at the UK. I don't know enough about US politics to make those statements about your politics, but from the outside looking in it doesn't appear to be any better.)