What kind of computer user I am...

Putting a happy face on the community.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

What kind of computer user I am...

Post by B.O.B. »

I've always hated Windows, and its users for the longest time.

I hate Windows because it is bug ridden and insecure.
I hate Windows users because the majority of them are incompetent.

I hate Mac, and their users even more.

Both Mac, and their Users claim they are better than everyone else. That are more secure and more reliable. When in reality, they are not even remotely close to Market share, and are not a viable target for hackers. As to their reliability, for the longest time they have had very strict control over what hardware they work with. Thus, I think they aren't more reliable, I think more rigid and inflexible.
I hate their users because of their Arrogant, better than though attitude. They're not better. They're different. Very different.

I've always disliked Linux because of its complexities. But I've never hated Linux or their Users. Until last night, I stopped and thought about why I should hate them too.

Linux, and their users is all about the Open Source, and how you can perfectly customize everything down to the last bit to be exactly how you want/need the OS and the programs.

And while this is true, a Linux user will have wasted countless hours writing/rewriting code on Linux to perfectly suit that user. However, that user is a linux geek and does things in such on odd irregular way in their programs that only makes sense to them.

What I hate about Linux, and its users, is that they waiste all this time & energy customizing everything, and they think they are saving so much money by doing it themself, when they could spend $60 and buy a program that already does what they need to do (not perfectly, but good enough). So in reality, while they waste all those countless hours reprogramming stuff, they could spend all those hours working at a job and make 1000x what it cost them to buy the program.

So this got me thinking to what I was like:

I'm still stupid enough to use Windows as my primary OS, even though it is bug ridden, and unsecure.

I build my own programs in quirky ways that only make sense to me, instead of shelling out the $60 for a program that would work adequately.

Lastly, I think everyone else is wrong, and stupid, when it comes to computers, thus I am arrogant.

THis makes me a Mac Windows Linux user, or as I like to call now: a MacWinux user.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

A lot of truth in that :lol:
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

never used or had a mac before.

i agree, i dont like windows because its very buggy and just overall not a fan of the looks and how it is used.

Im determined to buy a mac book (when i get the money) but i also hate macs, because they over price there computers way to much.

For what you get for a 1000 dollor laptop from mac, you could get twice the memory, ram ect. for the same price.
ImageImage
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

It is a struggle no doubt......

However, I think Linux is the way to go now.... You no longer have to spend countless hours customizing your OS as there are many pre-customized OSs out there for free that you can just download. They do everything you want it to (not perfectly but good enough). Also, Linux now has excellent Windows emulators, so, pretty much any program that can be run on windows can be run on Linux. (unlike the Mac) Thus you can now be a noob and not a nerd and still run Linux perfectly well.

Right now i use both..... due to the fact i like my version of XP that i haven't updated since SP2, it's familiar and all that. But i know as soon as i get a new PC loaded with Windows Vista the first thing i am going to do is remove that piece of crap Operating System. And, if you don't believe its a piece of crap, just listen to Bill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2zqRc1jvs
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Purify wrote:It is a struggle no doubt......

However, I think Linux is the way to go now.... You no longer have to spend countless hours customizing your OS as there are many pre-customized OSs out there for free that you can just download. They do everything you want it to (not perfectly but good enough). Also, Linux now has excellent Windows emulators, so, pretty much any program that can be run on windows can be run on Linux. (unlike the Mac) Thus you can now be a noob and not a nerd and still run Linux perfectly well.

Right now i use both..... due to the fact i like my version of XP that i haven't updated since SP2, it's familiar and all that. But i know as soon as i get a new PC loaded with Windows Vista the first thing i am going to do is remove that piece of crap Operating System. And, if you don't believe its a piece of crap, just listen to Bill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2zqRc1jvs
Yeah Vista is junk.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i like vista.

vista is more about looks.

question : i thought linxus was a mac? or what computers run linxus?
ImageImage
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Linux computers run Linux. Linux is open source.

What Mac did was took the Linux core, and built a custom edition for themself. Mac runs on Linux (not the other way around).

As to Vista and being about "looks". "Looks" are irrelevant if the computer never runs properly. ;)
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

B.O.B. wrote:Linux computers run Linux. Linux is open source.

What Mac did was took the Linux core, and built a custom edition for themself. Mac runs on Linux (not the other way around).

As to Vista and being about "looks". "Looks" are irrelevant if the computer never runs properly. ;)
so to try to understand this properly, mac's run on the linxus system, so there new "lepord" is linxus? and where could you buy a linxus computer?

and as for vista, it still runs properly. its just that its a tad different from xp. it still functions the same, can still do the same stuff. Its just that vista is new, and people are not used to new, yet instead they like the old, because it works for them.
ImageImage
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

You are wrong about Vista, there are many 'techinical' issues with it that have nothing to do with change and familiarity.....

the crazy security, conflicting/not working drivers, over abundance of memory usage.... to name a few

Linux can be run on any computer.... Google 'Ubuntu' it is a common version used by people who don't know much about computers, looks much like windows...
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

is there a linuxs that looks like mac ?
ImageImage