Password Maps Alliances

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Elvis Fett

Password Maps Alliances

Post by Elvis Fett »

Looking at the TWO full ones in the newbie game I am stuck playing. ROFLAMO, imagine that forcing me to play a newbie game. I was the reason they stopped allowing veterans to play newbie games.

I came to the following conclusion those people that remain in the alliance are pretty much ruining the map sharing. They are prettymuch just leeching the system. You screw over other players by not allowing them to have the same map access you had. You are screwing yourself because nobody can join it and update the maps for you.

Join the alliance, log out, log back in, presto you have all the current maps, leave the alliance. There is no need for you to be in it while you are offline. If you are offline you damn sure are not getting much exploring done. If you feel the need to rejoin and update your maps you can do so easily, unless someone else is hogging spots and being deadweight. As long as the alliance keeps the leader and stays formed any new map info will be passed along.

Leaders of those alliances should be booting everyone out when they log in. Oh but wait, it is most likely just an account someone logs in during the first days so they do not waste turns on their "good" character.

Yeah anyone can join these alliances (when they are not full) and get the same advantage, so it is fair to everyone. However, what is the point in even having players go explore then? Why not just give them the maps? Even if such alliances were not allowed anymore some alliances in the past got together and swapped maps in a third party allliance made just for the exchange.
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

Actually, you've got to have someone else online to send the maps to you. :)
Ykalon Dragon

Post by Ykalon Dragon »

It would be god if you could get 2-3 xp for every sector you explored yourself and none if you got the info any other way.
Imperial

Post by Imperial »

With a little tweaking that seems reasonable. for the current vet game there are 3725 sectors. It would be 7450 exp total at 2 exp per sector and would take atleast about 3800 turns. Thats 1.96 exp per turn which is pretty good for exploring.
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

why should you get exp for doing nothing? you can make 7000 exp trading in no time.
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
DaPlayaFA-
Beta Tester

Post by DaPlayaFA- »

Carnuth Sul wrote:why should you get exp for doing nothing? you can make 7000 exp trading in no time.
why should you get 7000 exp for just clickign buttons?

it's all the same...

giving exp for exploring is a good idea...stops people from just not playing and getting a ist and then trading to #1...or maybe it doesn't...either way...it's a benefit to scouters...and they dont have much
Dont flatter yourself...you aren't that important
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

heh, that is kinda true, depends how you look at it

trading is actually putting yourself at risk and exposing yourself to hunters whereas scouting is more of just going to sectors, early in the game there isnt really danger from mines and hunters so it'd be less of a challenge. Though granted, it is Only 7k exp and i guess it gives the non-traders a bit of a start from 0 exp...I still don't agree with it but meh, i wouldnt object if it was implemented
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
Thauglor
Quiet One

Post by Thauglor »

7k xp would be for all maps in the game. Its going to several people shared that xp. So what is gained is not a lot. Scouting is a job that has to be done. I don't see a problem with getting a little xp for it.
The almighty Thauglor
Lords of Melnibone

HoA, DS, UT, TC, TE, TSM, DD, DEATH, SP, DC, Virus, MH
Imperial

Post by Imperial »

Its just as dangerous as trading is at the begining of the game :roll:
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

i'd disagree as when you trade you are putting youself at risk when you port, you're basically blind and unmoving for a minimum of 3(usually 5) screens where you are unable to move or see anything/anyone, whereas when you are scouting, you cycle through only one, the CS, or maybe two if you check Local. The point is that you are able to look and see unlike trading.