single mining

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Max Power
Quiet One

single mining

Post by Max Power »

i was always under the impression that single mining large areas was a tactic for those who wanted to hunt but didnt have the skill to do it otherwise, which is why i thought that it should stay in the ng's and outta the vets, but i see it in the vets, and in pretty decent amounts, am i wrong about the this, or are there a choice few players that just wanna run with the big dogs, but hafta play dirty to do so
FalseProphet

Post by FalseProphet »

Did you just get out of the NG's.. just wondering because there were lots of posts on this last game too. Single mining is not a hunting tactic, it is a trading tactic. Basically it says waste your turns if you want to you will have less to drain my port with. Usually single mining only lasts until an alliance can find enough money to drop in more mines, kind of like dogs peeing on trees, to mark their territory. Anyway I am not going to argue the validity of single mining..
Be seeing you in a pod shortly..
Shesmu
Quiet One

Post by Shesmu »

Indiscriminate single-mining is frowned upon. But single mines can (and most often in vets) do have valid uses... That said, I havn't noticed single mining in any noticeable extent... Where are all those mines ?
--
A word from our sponsor: NEW ISSUE OF NEWS CONTROL !
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=3412
NEWS CONTROL - 24/7 Independent SMR News
Wizejester

Post by Wizejester »

yes i am a jerk :wink:

i love single mining... yes it keeps people away form my ports... but it is funny when it happens to someone else....

Yes i am a bigger jerk than you would usually find :twisted:

i love droping like 6 to 10 mines on all of the exits of fedie space.... it was funny as hell.... like six kills in 45min... thank god the creators of this game are not encouraging people to single mine buy not giving people exp for kills made by forces.....

No i am not so big jerk that i make fun of those less fortunate than me
No i do not kill puppies for fun :P

i just love causing a little chaos and mischief. I.E. [urinate]ing off random people(see Prof. Chaos of South Park)
Alucard
Beta Tester

Post by Alucard »

Shesmu SPB is known for notoriously single mining everywhere--but in this game, they have been replaced with the 50/50/5 variety:( lol
Thauglor
Quiet One

Post by Thauglor »

So do something against it :)
The almighty Thauglor
Lords of Melnibone

HoA, DS, UT, TC, TE, TSM, DD, DEATH, SP, DC, Virus, MH
Xar
Quiet One

Post by Xar »

we are, every day. shame lately SPB been failing to replace their mines. maybe all the talks about game ending early?
Shesmu
Quiet One

Post by Shesmu »

lol - we ran out of cash - come see us, it's perfectly safe :wink:
--
A word from our sponsor: NEW ISSUE OF NEWS CONTROL !
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=3412
NEWS CONTROL - 24/7 Independent SMR News