quickest way losing alignment

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Zed

Post by Zed »

Kal wrote:
Zed wrote:
naslug wrote:
This thread is about gaining/losing alignment, not PRing high level ports. You can PR in a group with a bunch of IST's and easily gain/lose several hundred XP. Usually in this scenario you'd have at least 1 warbird around for protection/stripping drones off the port anyway.
Well you could,but PRing with ISTs is not exactly a good idea ;) ,well maybe with lvl 1 ports and 3+ ISTs...
Blood for the Blood god,Skulls for his throne!-Any Khornite
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Zed wrote:
Kal wrote:
Zed wrote:
Well you could,but PRing with ISTs is not exactly a good idea ;) ,well maybe with lvl 1 ports and 3+ ISTs...
Heh. You can do it with 1 IST a nearby uno and a fast connection to run with and some mines. Course it is best if you lvl 20+ so turrets can't hit ya..
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

I tried killing traders to lose allignment :( it only resulted in my allignment growing from -150 to -1
naslug

Post by naslug »

Just when did I say that?
B.O.B. wrote:
Zed wrote:
Kal wrote:
Heh. You can do it with 1 IST a nearby uno and a fast connection to run with and some mines. Course it is best if you lvl 20+ so turrets can't hit ya..

I mean really, FYI in order to quote me, I would have to have said. You can't just make stuff up! 8)
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

naslug wrote:Just when did I say that?
B.O.B. wrote:
Zed wrote: Well you could,but PRing with ISTs is not exactly a good idea ;) ,well maybe with lvl 1 ports and 3+ ISTs...

I mean really, FYI in order to quote me, I would have to have said. You can't just make stuff up! 8)
Not a clue when you said it...I was quoting Zed who was quoting you...so ask him...
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

On a side note, if I remember correctly, the ports of a percentage it uses to determine whether or not you get searched. The percentage is based on the lvl of the port and how many illegal goods it is carrying (3 max).
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Kal
Quiet One

Post by Kal »

B.O.B. wrote:
naslug wrote:Just when did I say that?
B.O.B. wrote: Heh. You can do it with 1 IST a nearby uno and a fast connection to run with and some mines. Course it is best if you lvl 20+ so turrets can't hit ya..

Not a clue when you said it...I was quoting Zed who was quoting you...so ask him...
Zed forgot a couple of [/quote][/quote] which screwed up his quote!! (that is what I said lol)
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

B.O.B. wrote:On a side note, if I remember correctly, the ports of a percentage it uses to determine whether or not you get searched. The percentage is based on the lvl of the port and how many illegal goods it is carrying (3 max).
I don't believe I've ever been told the forumla but on discussing this at an earlier time, it was mentioned that the ship you are in plays a role in that too (i.e. evil ships have stealth capabilities) thereby making it harder for fed to notice they are around or something to that effect, not sure if that is accurate or not though.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Vtreka wrote:
B.O.B. wrote:On a side note, if I remember correctly, the ports of a percentage it uses to determine whether or not you get searched. The percentage is based on the lvl of the port and how many illegal goods it is carrying (3 max).
I don't believe I've ever been told the forumla but on discussing this at an earlier time, it was mentioned that the ship you are in plays a role in that too (i.e. evil ships have stealth capabilities) thereby making it harder for fed to notice they are around or something to that effect, not sure if that is accurate or not though.
Oops...Yeah I forgot that. If you are in a Thief you can get the chance being searched by fed all the way down to -3%, but again I don't remember the formula. I do remember that along time ago, before I went to Iraq, Mr. Spock posted it in one of the threads going at that time. Maybe, Mr. Spock can enlighten us again. ;)
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

Found that in about 5 seconds ;) Trib posted the formula here ages ago...

http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=718

For those too lazy to look :P the forumla shown there is:

Search % = 15 - 4 * #illegal goods at port - 4 (if smuggling ship)

So basically if you are at a port with all three of the illegal goods and in an evil ship, the percentage is -1% or 3% in a non-evil ship. If the port has 2 of the illegal goods the chance in a thief is 3% or 7% in non-evil ship. With 1 good there it is 7% in a thief and 11% in any other ship.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB