quickest way losing alignment

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Max Power
Quiet One

Post by Max Power »

i have said it once before, but i thought i would bring it up again for discussion. couldnt this method be seen as loophole abuse? this certainly wasnt what the search feature was intended for, and methods like these make it no problem to get those uber elite combos like a HHG dc, etc. without abusing this, you would still need to spend a fair amt of turns, pr'ing or killing to change your alignment that much, but now you just risk a single turn per 5 alignment points, just wreaks of foul play to me. discuss
Who is this guy??
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

Max, its only 5 points if you get caught with evil goods making you 5 more evil. You don't get 5 points towards good if you don't have evil goods, only 1 alignment. It takes a lot of time to do something like that, and you have to move to a new port each time you gain alignment so you can't sit there doing to for ages without using turns. Plus the chance of hunters etc etc. Meaning, that changing from evil to good just to get HHG on your DC isn't easy. Much easier just to PR or kill someone.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Max Power
Quiet One

Post by Max Power »

i was under the impression that nothing prevented you from being searched twice by the same port, it was just that you cant be searched more than once without moving. so you sit at a port until you get searched, move one out, come back, sit there again until you get searched again. even at 1 point per search, this may be time consuming but its still much much easier with much less risk than PRin. here it takes 2 turns to gain 1 alignment, PR'in it takes 3. i could easily sit in the comfort of my alliances galaxy for 20 minutes to take care of this problem, with almost no risk. even if i were playing solo, just go sit out in the galaxy with the least traffic, and the chances of a hunter stumbling across you is slim and none, there is no news about someone being busted at a port or someone being searched, so being caught by a hunter is either pure luck, or pure stupidity. if you want to pr for alignment there is a little risk involved. the port is dealing damage(often insignificant amounts, but much more significant than the 0 risk factor of this method) and your raids appear in the news, which makes you a sitting duck for news hunters to come and pick you off, since most PR'ing for alignment is done unarmed or half armed in order to stretch the life of the port.
Who is this guy??