Hunting...

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
RockRanger

Post by RockRanger »

The best thing i have found is to trade middle level goods. They dont bring in the cash as the high lv nar and lux but without hunters all over your route its easy trading. Being in a top alliance is nice. You can be in a top alliance by making friends. If you get podded talk to the person who podded you. Go to chat talk to people. Just like in life it who you know that gets you places.
Shesmu
Quiet One

Post by Shesmu »

Now why does a thread named Hunting turn to discussing trading strategies ? Turning sword into plowshears ppl ? :)

Anyways, just wanted to add another dime (If everybody only leaves their two cents, we'll never get to a dollar :D ):

CHANGE ROUTES. Maybe you have a great route and it only has scouts for ppl that are sound asleep when you trade. You use it a lot and keeps a good eye on the CPL. Then all of a sudden some guy blow you out of the sky... Gasp - his ally told him where you trade, and when he saw you online - he just went there to pop you. No scouts - no warnings :(

Change your MO - make it difficult for the hunter. He'll go for the easy prey instead...

Shesmu
--
A word from our sponsor: NEW ISSUE OF NEWS CONTROL !
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=3412
NEWS CONTROL - 24/7 Independent SMR News
Imperial

Post by Imperial »

Well I WAS the highest ranking salvene till you traded ;)

How astonishing! How did you ever figure out I was in TF ;) j/k
I first joined TF over 2 years ago and I havnt been in another alliance since :)
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

Yeah, was half asleep when I originally posted, so hadn't bothered to really think much about it.

Trib
Suni

Post by Suni »

From this just popped in mind another suggestion, which I know shouldn't be in this conference AND not in this topic anyway, but here goes anyway :).

The ability to see rankings of ALL players (used to be in old SM), you would get your ranking order amongst all players, now if your not in top 10 you don't know anything about your ranking. Also the possibility to search rankings between ranks x and y (or all) would be nice.

These ranking issues are not the most pressing by far and have probably been suggested many times before, but ... umm... hmm .... * frantically trying to come up with a reason * .... but they hadn't been suggested before in a hunting topic so here they are! :-).

Suni.
Ravenger
Beta Tester

Post by Ravenger »

lol i always enjoyed watching my rank go up :)
if you see a You Are Under Attack. screen its probly not me
d3c509b
Quiet One

Post by d3c509b »

Ardbeg wrote: Yeah, no-one else in this game knows anything about hunting. Who knows, maybe even a poor insignificant incompetent like me could learn to hunt someday............
oh so very true ard. ;)

as for this hunting . ive been on my damned own this whole game and not died. i have my route scouted. and i watch the cpl for the people whos scouts im trading over. and if i see "INCOMING MESSAGE" i leave my route no matter what. each of my trades takes nuder 6 seconds. after trading on the same route over and over u get a feel for what to offer.

yeah. so there!
-Ssjz-
Imperial

Post by Imperial »

especially when people *cough* tell you how to get ideal prices *cough* :lol:
d3c509b
Quiet One

Post by d3c509b »

bah! i woulda figured it out.. woulda took me a tad longer but... i woulda!

thanks imperial.... :oops:
-Ssjz-
Warlock
Quiet One

Post by Warlock »

This thread ever going to DIE?