Hunting...

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Zelist

Post by Zelist »

well playing with the vets is the best way for a newbie to learn, the problem is getting podded is not the most couraging way to learn, but i have probly learned more sparing my martial arts sensei then sparing any other person in the class or even the entire class combined, i just hope the other newbies are like me and love this game so much that getting podded is just insentive to not get blown up again..or at least try
Shnuff

Post by Shnuff »

Getting podded is part of the game. No matter how good a hunter/trader you are, you'll probably get podded over the course of a game. Yeah, it hurts, but by putting money away, being aware of scouts, and knowing who's online, you can increase the odds in your favor. I've traded all this game, and I haven't been podded once (yet. give me a couple days). Another tip: If there's 20 or 30 people on, don't trade. That just increases the odds that someone WILL find you.
----------
As far as I know, I'm still alive...
Shnuff Zyzycoph
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

i want to throw in my two cents.
back in ng3 i started to play sm. (i even don't know how i get into this game. maybe a link from somewhere) but i started playing. in the beginning i'd loved to be a trader (a good trader) then i stpped playing for a while. i think i mussed ng7 and 8 or so. and i had a real comeback in ng11 i think where i ruled the salvene council for almost the whole game. i mean i was a trader. i had a positive alignment. i traded all the time with all the hunters on. ok i admit smr has problems with scouts and drones but is it really that hard to stay alive? i mean until i went to hunter i was podded one or maybe twice. but defenitely not more. when i'm remember right ng11 was the game where we blow this rock from FTV. i have no idea. it tooks us 6 hours and many of pods. maybe ares can say something and other ppl. but so far i could manage to stay alive for my whole trading career.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Ace-

Post by Ace- »

you are forgetting u were in a NEWBIE game....this game is with vets and newbies all at once...and there were hardly any/no bugs to exploit. SMR is still full of bugs..and the ability to go as fast as ur connection speed gets the pages is a serious downdraft on the game...Speef had a 2 second delay into refreshing pages....for everyone...that made it more fair.

and As i do recall u were in KOTH and OS...but u sucked in those Spock. trading in a newbie game wasn't hard..the games were fairly huge...for the amount of newbies...and not many persons really did know how to hunt....there were some..but not as many vets as we have in the current SMR game.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

yes. i only played newbie... *cough*
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

Don't worry, we won't hold that against you. :D
Imperial

Post by Imperial »

Well im the highest ranked Salvene (or 2nd highest at least) And on my route I have only encountered a scout drone once. You just have to know what kind of routes to look for. Trading on major routes that anyone can find by just glancing at the two biggest ports on the galaxy map is probably not the best route to trade on. You want to find a high exp, but obscure route, that no one will really notice.
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

Have to agree with you there Imperial, as the actual highest ranking Salvene :wink: (for the moment anyway) What is your ingame name if you don't mind me asking?

If ppl really want to trade the big routes, then you have to be extremely careful, only ever try it when there are very few players online, and keep a constant eye on the CPL for known hunters/ ppl with scouts on the route. It is a dangerous game to play though, so do expect the odd pod.

Trib
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

Trib wrote: Have to agree with you there Imperial, as the actual highest ranking Salvene :wink: (for the moment anyway) What is your ingame name if you don't mind me asking?
hae? maybe the name of the 2nd highest salvene? just a guess...
:lol:
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

Well indeed, this would be a good place to start, however I am the only Salvene in the top10, and therefore it would be quite an exhausting search going through all the players to find the next highest XP Salvene player, and that would assume that he is also in an alliance.

As it is, it is rather obvious as to who he is ingame, having done a rather simple check, and found Imperial in TF, :lol:

Trib