Or you can do it the Cereal Killer way!

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
RedDragon
Quiet One

Post by RedDragon »

Well done Armada. You had me and Grey puzzled for a long time - we almost got there but not quite! It is good for the game for people to discover loopholes so that they can be taken away. From what I have been told these methods have been used before in SM (although not sure about the logical conclusion of going to single good at a time rather than smallest ship base size (15)). I don't like this way of trading - while it keeps the trader at port for a long time it doesn't seem to tie into the story when in real market economies bulk dealing gets you the best deals. My suggestion is to either:
1. Make the base for each good quantity more that the base for a single good times the quantity. e.g. base for 30 > (30 x base for 1) etc..
2. Make the base used look at your ships holds and use a fraction of that - e.g. in a thief trading one - you would get a base of 1/150 x normal thief base.

Either of these methods would prevent these methods.
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

I cant understand that you say the Armda way isnt cheating... abusing non intended loopholes or abusing intended ones like CK did is just as bad if you ask me...
=)

It takes one to be one!
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

Armada's way is cheating, but it's cheating that's tolerable. at least their way takes some effort and ingenuity. CK's way only requires them to find someone that's willing to fire at them and that's about it.
haseji

Post by haseji »

eh why dont we all just play this game as it was intended to... but obviously a loophole will be found and people will used them... i dont have a problem with it as long as it is reported to everyone and also the admins and coders fix the problme for then next game.... this game is almost over so just live with it for another few more weeks...
Incision
Quiet One

Post by Incision »

I still don't see it as a loophole.... We thought of a different way, TOLD THE ADMINS TO CHANGE IT if they felt it was against the game. THey decided it was fine and we did it, after seeing how much we could make daily we asked them again and even gave them a FIX. And still it was said to be ok.

This issue came up once before on " what is a loophole" and I was in the center of that arguement... Because I sat in sector in a MS and after TE killed a planets defenses I jumped on the planet and claimed it and stocked it with 1k shields and 400 drones.... People said it was a loophole and not like it was in SM. But it was boldly pointed out that SM and SMR aren't the same game. Spock is trying to achieve a change.

However I've been pushing for the xp trick to be changed because I rather hunt and its hard to hunt ppl at one port.... The bug comes from this....

When determining xp for holds the formula is Holds/15+2x multiplier...

so 300 holds/15+2=22 Base on a "4x"22=88 xp..... well if you trade a 1x with 1 hold you get 1/15+2x4.... 1/15=.067 but it rounds DOWN to 0, then you get the +2xmultipler so a 4x gives 8xp..... 6x gives 12....25x gives 50xp per 1 good. Thats how it gives more xp because you get the +2 bonus.... It was there way back in SM, because that was the trade formula then.... Now if SMR's trade formula is different.... we figured out a trick without the right formula....

This trick doesn't need a great port or planets... I was running a 6x port early in the game by buying comp.... I would buy 100 comp at 12xp and get 1200.... Then go to a port near and sell it all 3 runs a day or so was 3600 xp.... Now thats not great BUT the port never drains.

Also The main "downside" to this method of trading we only could make 3 ish mil a day... where as if we would trade our poorts normal we would make 12-16 mil a day.

I remember the days of Warp Route trading... It was considered a Loop hole and a cheat.... Just because HoA did it and was dominating xp... { THey were more effective then the xp trick} you could get a 9x26x8x27x over 5-8 sectors... I had a route like this towards the end.... Azool and I traded it a whole game and hunted in between..... The cash was great, they were hard to track other then the fact you said " it must be a warp route." I guess the matter comes into effect of who thinks about it first.

I've been urging the admins to get rid of it however. Its their decision in the end... I would suggest get a poll going and maybe then?
Incision
Faded Image
TahKillahz
Beta Tester

Post by TahKillahz »

but if u think about it....the "CK" way is not really cheating....its people shootin at each other...whether its looked down upon or not, it really isnt abusing any part of the game or cheatin for that matter
Incision
Quiet One

Post by Incision »

I always thought there was a "rule" you couldn't tell ppl where to come to kill you..... I'm prolly wrong...

But answer the question who shot at who??? If CK shot at CK { ppl just left alliance} Then I believe thats wrong... If other alliance came but were friends, then I see not as much of a problemo.
Incision
Faded Image
haseji

Post by haseji »

yeah if it was just from attacking each other and gained exp i dont think anyone would have a problem with it but having agreement to shoot each other to dmg but not to kill is questionable... but with the armada thing we cant really fault them since according to them they told the admins about this and the admins OKed it... i just think whenever there is a case where any feature or forumlas of the game is being used in a whole new way to gain advantage of any kind should be told to the public unless of course it is something that the coder PLANNED to be used in such fashion....
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

Why don't you clowns in CK go do something like PB someone or is it that you cant get more then 6 people to do anything so you resort to loophole abuse. It's incredible that we have these debates over and over again. You know it's bullcrap and some of you still do it.
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

Yeah well what CK is doing is pretty much bs and to be honest I think the lot of you should either lose a boatload of xp or get suspended for an adequate amount of time.

As for the Armada way if what they claim is true about asking Spock, I wouldn't know, then you can't really point a finger at them. However I do think it's a silly "bug" and should be removed as soon as possible.