Or you can do it the Cereal Killer way!

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

I think we can close this discussion now... most of the alliance is using it now... only today I saw both ME and THS do it.
=)

It takes one to be one!
Xar
Quiet One

Post by Xar »

sure jump on CK because we made ~75k exp each. Lotus and Inc been using their methods since day 1, making around 300k with 1 good selling.

Sure you all say they are ok since they told the admins. We didnt exploit nothing. It is known you get exp per damage, we were just the first ones who were ready to take the cost (which is 1400 credits per 1 exp point). Armada worked hard to make it x22? we worked harder to make 500M.

Anyway you look at it, both ways are not regular to gain exp, both are wrong from how i see it, but why can team a use theirs the whole game and everyone say they ok, and team b get flamed for doing this 2 days?

Also, i dont know if anyone noticed, but when you tell admins stuff, usually it doesnt happen. Player impact on game design is very minor. Maybe it takes abusing a game glitch bad to fix it for next game. The 4 damage / exp ratio have been going on since day 1. It was fixed with ports, time to fix it with traders.
Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

Well my good man Xar did you ask any admin about it before you did it? I am saying if it's true that Spock okayed Armada's "scheme" then they did nothing wrong. If you get Spock to okay your thing as well I'd accept that too. However somehow I don't see that happening...

As I see it with everybody and his momma using the damage bug they might as well shut down the game or just wait for every alliance to have 500k players. What a fun game eh? :p
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

any way u use the game in a way not intended is cheating to me... and Armadas way of gaining exp... even if it has been around for ever and noone ever did anything to stop it, is just as bad.
=)

It takes one to be one!
Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

Well Mar if the guy who's running the game says what Armada is doing is okay then it is okay. After all it is his games and his rules. You might dislike it or frown upon it as much as you wish, but it's still okay and within the confines of the rules. However since your bug abuse hasn't been okayed by anyone then it's plain wrong.

From a moral point of view it's even worse since you shoot at your own alliance mates to get XP.

I see absolutely no justification for what you guys did, some for what Armada did, but nonetheless in my opinion both bugs need to go and fast at that.
3ler

Post by 3ler »

This is jsut wrong.. it gives an unfair advantage to ppl with a LOT of $ and no morals. Hell i could be doing this all day today. I can aford it and i can get ppl to do it with me but i refuse to.
The Armada way is questionable but still a lot better then the CK dmg scheme.. At least Armada worked hard to get their route, but the CK just spent cash.
The exp. gaining formula for attacking/killing should be changed seriously... But hey like someone said a few post up the player impact on the game is minimal.
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

If you read what I write you wouldnt have to make that post... I said it was cheating to me... I didnt say it was cheating according to the game admins... plz read before you make next post.
=)

It takes one to be one!
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

this is a popular post so I figured I will post the link here :) http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=2797 everyone vote and write what you think about it!
=)

It takes one to be one!
Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

Mar if your reply was to my post then I must say you are the one who needs to read more thoroughly. I am distuingishing between your way and Armada's way. You say both are cheating, I say only your's is cheating. You say both are as bad, I say they're not and tell you why I think so. It's quite simple like that. :)
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

so u wanna keep doing it? :)
ME has used this. Deliverance used it. THS used it. CK used it...
=)

It takes one to be one!