Or you can do it the Cereal Killer way!

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
TahKillahz
Beta Tester

Post by TahKillahz »

well then good izzy...at least sum1 is doin sumthin
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

If anyone is still having a problem seeing why the CK way is worse than the Armada way, I'll try to explain why I think it is. People in this game trade so that they can make money and/or experience. Armada is trading to get experience, but in a very modified way. Therefore they are bending the rules, but not necessarily breaking them. As for CK: People in this game SHOULD attack other people in order to KILL them, NOT to gain experience. The point of attacking another person is to kill them. I realize that you also get exp for this but the exp you get from attacking other people is superfluous, and is not meant to help you significantly gain experience. In my opinion, if you attack another person without the intention of killing them, that's cheating.
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

I attack people to get exp... its not the kill that gives you exp anymore.... Maybe they need to change it.
We used the game one way they used it another... Its just as bad.
This is not a discussion about what way is worse... this is simply a thread where Sterling posted how we did so that anyone who wanted to be as lame as us can get the same advantage.
=)

It takes one to be one!
Imhotep
Quiet One

Post by Imhotep »

I am not saying that I support or justify the CK way. In fact my post said that by not being able to find them, it made it worse of all the alternate exp gaining methods that have thus far occured. The PR one was in the news so you could stop it if you wanted. Ask Izzy how often I was at the warp, jumping to the port, etc. :) The Armada method is also easy to find due to the scarcity of ports with super modifiers. And you don't need to ask Izzy, he is repaying the favor by coming to our warp for tea and biscuits every other day. The CK method could technically be found if you are lucky maybe, but there is no way to locate them. THAT makes the abuse bad, its undetectability.

And for the person who was questioning Blum's assessment that the major gain is the damage done HoF category...he is correct. There are no kills being made and the exp is meaningless except in this game. Another abuse does arise from this, not that any of CK are doing it for this reason but this is possible: All this exp is not putting them towards Beginner, Average, Expert, etc...one could stay newbie forever, yet win the exp race in every game.
Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

Never said you did support it Immy, if I somehow let that shine through I apologize because that wasn't the intention.

To be honest I am a little confused by your second statement, somehow it seems to me you're saying I'm wrong and right in the same breath so just in case you're saying I'm wrong I have a reply. :p

I will stand firmly upon the fact that the main gain from the damage "bug" is in fact XP. With the more XP they earn they raise their chances of easily gaining more of pretty much anything, kills, traded xp, more turns used per deaths and so on and so on while lowering the rest of the players' chances of causing anything bad to them. One cannot deny that 50k XP or 150k XP makes a huge difference especially when everybody is using cloaked ships. Basically the more XP you have the easier it is to gain more in every other (HoF) category.
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

Immy, you're kinda missing the point i think. CK isn't trying to gain exp so that they can stay in the exp race. They are gaining exp so that they can used cloaked ships and no one will see them and they can get more kills. So really it does affect the HoF because Mar and his crew are getting mucho kills because of this. I dont have a problem with people using cloak, but i would prefer for them to make it effective (i.e. gain exp) by trading, not by cheating.
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

lol, Im losing about 20-30 kills from doing this...
=)

It takes one to be one!
Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

I seriously doubt you're losing that many kills from doing this, but hey at least now you got so high XP hardly anyone can see you so you can easily get more kills. That's not a bad trade-off. :p
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

duh... I quit playing because of this... I got avg 1-2 kills per day.
=)

It takes one to be one!
Jez
Quiet One

Post by Jez »

And for you to have your friends move IS with you and shoot at you while you Uno you spend how many turns? Besides getting 100k XP this way doesn't take you 15 days even if you fire yourself.