Hunting using SMC, your opinion?

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.

What do you think about hunting via XP increments?

It is OK. It takes some skill to do and adds an extra element to the game
42%
It is not OK. Hunting should be accomplished through scouts/intel
42%
No opinion either way
17%

Total votes: 84

Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

i forgot to mention a while earlier in the game, i went around in an ITAC with 500 turns dropping scouts at all major ports and recorded who came and went. I had over 50+ traders including top 10s, i posted some on the MB and a lot of the kills we made were from that list of players and ports. That is a lot easier and reliable than SMC, would you like to do something to make scout drones only last for 1/2 a day(so its "fair")?

*edit: changed "having" to "to make" to prevent confusion in that i was being cynical
Last edited by Carnuth on Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
BlackDragon

Post by BlackDragon »

Without smc alot of Traders would not ever find the top 5 routes in a galaxy making it alot harder for hunters to get multi kills, also makeing it alot harder to get all the exp and cash routes as soon as somebody mapped the galaxy this slows traders exp and cash that fund the hunters which then in turn makes everybody work for your routes and your kills.
Now with SMC one player in an alliance of a large alliance can jump in a watchful eye (salvene for example) map the entire galaxy enter the ports from their galaxy map into smc then post them in their message board ...Bam!!... everybody has the best routes to trade or passes the smc maps to the hunters. There you go instant hunters and traders on the best routes in the galaxy.....is this not an advantage and to easy?
FamineS

Post by FamineS »

if ur good, u don't need it, so don't use it.... it might give some of the newb hunters a chance to figure things out when all they have to do is load SMC and look at major routes. i've never needed SMC, won't ever, but some ppl find they like, so let them use it.
Goey
Quiet One

Post by Goey »

Not that I know anything about Hunting or Trading or this game.. But I believe SMC does make The game progress alot faster to the Quick Hunting/Trading stage and is a Unfair Advantage.
Thauglor
Quiet One

Post by Thauglor »

SMC makes sure there is no skill involved in playing, boring...
The almighty Thauglor
Lords of Melnibone

HoA, DS, UT, TC, TE, TSM, DD, DEATH, SP, DC, Virus, MH
PaTer
Quiet One

Post by PaTer »

I'm sorry but I don't have 16h to manualy look up for routes.
Finding a route is not matter of skill, is about having lots of time...
"Evil and good are God's right hand and left."
-Philip James Bailey
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

If you used your scouts correctly its not a matter of time only placement. I said it before SMC should be taken out. You take out SMC and you will see a new breed of hunters/traders for sure.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

PaTer wrote:I'm sorry but I don't have 16h to manualy look up for routes.
Do you know how many hours it takes to get back the 1/3th exper the trader loses when he is poded.
Finding a route is not matter of skill, is about having lots of time...
Everything in SMR takes time and yes finding routes does require some skill, time, and work. But SMC hands it to you no skill, time, or work.
Lence

Post by Lence »

Depends on your version of hunting...I myself used to hunt...but I hunted WBs, not traders...so SMC never played a part.
-Lence
I deal in pods
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

Hey Lence :) havent seen you since NG3. Where have you been?
=)

It takes one to be one!