Hunting using SMC, your opinion?

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.

What do you think about hunting via XP increments?

It is OK. It takes some skill to do and adds an extra element to the game
42%
It is not OK. Hunting should be accomplished through scouts/intel
42%
No opinion either way
17%

Total votes: 84

Thauglor
Quiet One

Post by Thauglor »

In alliance chat people would sometimes sit and try to see who would be first to find routes, was very fast. Many traders depend on not being found, with connection thats a bit slow those die almost every time found. And they where found, almost all the time. People have missed with SMC, but not that offen in my experience.
The almighty Thauglor
Lords of Melnibone

HoA, DS, UT, TC, TE, TSM, DD, DEATH, SP, DC, Virus, MH
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

If it was a normal speed trader you could figure out multiplyers and the ship while waiting for exp changes. Most times you could even get SMC started on searching for routes in his racial. You could find ppl pretty fast I'd say.

With that said there was a good margin for error. Not all routes have unique multiplyers and I certainly didn't find every trader I tracked and a lot of those I did find managed to run away. Nothing is perfect I guess.
Anarchos
Quiet One

Post by Anarchos »

Hate wrote:If you used your scouts correctly its not a matter of time only placement. I said it before SMC should be taken out. You take out SMC and you will see a new breed of hunters/traders for sure.
Hmmm... wouldn't you see an old breed of hunters/traders? I've never used SMC and I got a few kills/successful hunts in my day.
...Tag Line Not Included...
Kal
Quiet One

Re: Hunting using SMC, your opinion?

Post by Kal »

Kal wrote:Personally, I don't mind it, I use it myself and it adds an extra element to the game.
Now that I've played in a game with the 2 min delay showing XP I think the game is better. I don't have to worry as a trader that anyone who can use XP and watch a CPL will come after me. I just gotta notice who'se scouts I ping and what alliance they belong to.

As a hunter it is more of a challenge, but a fair challenge :)
Kal
Quiet One

Even with the 2 min delay you scan still SMC hunt

Post by Kal »

Well, I'm back to hunting again, and relearning old tricks.

You don't need to watch XP on CPL to be able to SMC hunt, there are other ways which are almost just as effective.

Either get rid of most of the HoF stats, or put a 2 minute delay on all HoF stats if you want to get rid of SMC hunting.
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

yea SMC hunting is way too easy, takes all skill out of hunting... thats why you see 40 hunters with over 100 kills per game. ;)
=)

It takes one to be one!
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

the problem is not SMC, the problem is waaaaay waaaaay too many HoF stats, that give away too much information. Update the HoF once a day I say.
Cuda
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Cuda »

Ardbeg has a legit point.
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

Ardbeg wrote:Update the HoF once a day I say.
i agree.
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

HoF and racial exp. Too few ppl trade at one time so it's easy to get exp changes from the racial rankings.