How the heck do you get all that xp?!

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Rank

How the heck do you get all that xp?!

Post by Rank »

Would someone please tell me how players could already haev 5000xp when the game just started. TELL ME THE MAGICAL FORMULA NOW!! I mean plzz help me.
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

they just wait until their alliance gets them enough money for an IST then they start on a nice route
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
Rank

Post by Rank »

Alliance eh? I got start one of those pyramid scheme.. I mean "Alliances."

Attention I am starting the gimme all your money Alliance. Join you damn pigeons!
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

A couple of good tips for a new player: Go to chat. Get friends. You're are much more likely to get accepted into an already existing alliance that way. If you have problems with anything and ppl aren't helping out then go to (Warning! Commercial!) #smr-help (/join #smr-help) and someone there will help you. Speak out the names of anyone in there and be a bit patient. Someone will be around eventually - usually right away.
PaTer
Quiet One

Post by PaTer »

Another good trick is selling your newbie laser ASAP, this gives u 40k+ $ and u can by cargo holds, it helps a lot if u're not in a alliance.
"Evil and good are God's right hand and left."
-Philip James Bailey
Adrach

Post by Adrach »

also, dont waste any turns mapping. wait until someone finds where you can buy an ist and has your entire racial galaxy mapped for you so you can look for a good traderoute before you even move.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

Adrach wrote:also, dont waste any turns mapping. wait until someone finds where you can buy an ist and has your entire racial galaxy mapped for you so you can look for a good traderoute before you even move.
this works as long as you are not a true team player ;)
B.O.B. - Rosebud is one of craziest cool drunks I know.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Well the question was how ppl had so much exp so early and Adrach answered. Doesn't mean that was what he did himself. And even so it may be with the alliance's blessing.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

correct, adrach did answer the question as to how that much exp a single player can gain right away. I was just adding my two cents on this method. Also, if you read the context of Adrach's post it is more of a singular decision than that of an alliance decision. When the words "you" and "your" are included 5 times in a sentance that shows what that person did it is more about them than their alliance. If he didn't want it percieved that way he should have mentioned his alliance somewhere in there, he did not and I put in what I thought about it. Exp is just a pretty number, money is more important at the start than exp and more than likely there is a better money route than the high exp route.
B.O.B. - Rosebud is one of craziest cool drunks I know.
Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

another good way is dont worry about xp get your racial standings up to 1000 then you can get the highest xp on each trade without having to truly bagain this way you can build yourself quickly.
In order to stab someone in the back, you first must be 100% behind them!