Hunting with spreadsheets FAQ.

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.

Is this right?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:18 am

Yes
55%
No
No votes
Way off!
No votes
$^@* You cheater!
45%

Total votes: 11

Rank

Hunting with spreadsheets FAQ.

Post by Rank »

Correct me if I'm wrong but the formula for xp gain is:
#ofgoods/13,7,11(mixed fraction)
* this by the distance multipler and you get xp gain.
So if you know what ship your target is in and how much xp they gain you can figure out what route they have. Use SMC. Use this..
xpgain/(#numberofgoods/13,7,11) = route distance. Now if you know they're human and you record 4 distance routes(4,4 (pause) 4,2) then A good place to check would be 563-575.

You don't really need a spreadsheet to do this but it saves time.
"An egotistical being like myself can't be allowed to live."
- Legato
Damon

Post by Damon »

In the current set up of the game, anybody can do this. And traders have several ways to disguise their xp gain. For instance by sometimes not trading all their cargo, but a bit less. Since its there for everybody, no single person has any advantage. And so I guess in the current game it is allowed.

What bugs me most about it, is that it doesn't fit the whole roleplaying idea. It should not be possible for somebody on one side of a universe to know that somebody else trading on the other side of the universe. Thru scouts yes, but not thru by other means.

I actually like Adrachs idea of rounding the xp reporting on the CPL and ranking list on the nearest 100 xp. That should pretty much solve it.
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

What about an inter-galactic web of satellites that the federation uses to monitor activity (illegal via the underground or otherwise)? Since it is falling apart, maybe they felt that this invasion of privacy was necessary. What if everyone had access to the data collected by the satellites?

EDIT: Don't scrutinize this post because it is only a roleplaying suggestion to Damon's concern.
Rank

Post by Rank »

To disguise the gain I'd have to be trading at a much lower lvl. For instance if I'm in a ist and trade 285 instead of 300 0n a 4x route I'd make 84 xp instead of 88. A hunter using the formula would still see a 4x. I'd have to drop the xp gain all the way down to 66xp gain for it to show me trading at a 3x route. That means only using only 225 holds, 75% effecienicy. You could also haggle but I find this easier. I guess this is also a FAQ on how to delay predators.
- Legato
Rank

Post by Rank »

Also a good wy to avoid dection is o listen to what ppl say in Topic-Hunting using SMC, your opinion? Alot of unquie ways.
- Legato
Kal
Quiet One

Post by Kal »

Trade 285 goods in an IST on a 4x and ppl will think you are doing a 2x in a psf ;)
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Rank wrote:To disguise the gain I'd have to be trading at a much lower lvl. For instance if I'm in a ist and trade 285 instead of 300 0n a 4x route I'd make 84 xp instead of 88. A hunter using the formula would still see a 4x. I'd have to drop the xp gain all the way down to 66xp gain for it to show me trading at a 3x route. That means only using only 225 holds, 75% effecienicy. You could also haggle but I find this easier. I guess this is also a FAQ on how to delay predators.
Of course this assumes they KNOW you are in an IST...or else as Kal Said it can be confused with a 2x PSF.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

A great way to live while trading is to eschew greed (until of course such and such happens and you get to do such and such).
ARES
Beta Tester

Post by ARES »

This doesn't really matter much since most people who played before SMC can figure routes without it,I mean there were lots of pods before SMC you know 8)
"boom" your dead
skipdrive rules
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

You have to trade all of your cargo.