Cloak Power

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.

Do you think that cloak is to powerfull?

Yes
12%
No
76%
I think I'm Kena!
12%

Total votes: 59

BooRawl
Quiet One

Post by BooRawl »

How about going back to the old days when we had cloaked psf's
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

BooRawl do you know that you are posting on a thread that is over a year old? Not saying anything bad just making sure you know in case you didn't.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

BooRawl wrote:It might be interesting to see cloak which is effective with out being higher experience.
That doesn't make sense. Do you mean:

It might be interesting to see what would happen if cloak wasn't exp dependant?
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

not to mention cloak depends on level not on experience
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re:

Post by Jester- »

Alucard wrote:Yes cloak is good the only comment I have about it is indeed the issue with the experience. In old SM(and I remember this correctly now, I know it) you could see the other person with 1 pt. of higher experience. This was the happy moments of alliances when they found a cloaker that one of thier high exp. traders were close to an online, and he/she was frantically trading to see the person before he got online. Nowadays, with hunting exp so whacked out(I know they are trimming down but still) and even with trading experience at higher lvls, it comes close to impossible to do that. That "other way"--people working as a team in an alliance to assist the trader in seeing the cloaker and poss. decloaking it---are long gone...and it has taken away some very long standing alliance moments, as well as a key theme to keep trading.... I distinctly remember Mar himself in chat a lot going "man, gonna take #2 like 80k to see me"..because they had to not only trade up to his exp, but like 40k ABOVE that to see him...no way that would be able to happen. That is why I would like the experience factor to change...otherwise, cloak is cloak---takes skill to use and is NOT overpowered.
Can we make this exp based and not level based. I do believe Alucards points from 5 years ago is valid.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Re:

Post by RCK »

Jester- wrote: Can we make this exp based and not level based. I do believe Alucards points from 5 years ago is valid.
Sounds reasonable.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Cloak Power

Post by Jester- »

It would definitely tone down the cloak a bit, but not make it worthless. This way you have to watch your cloak when hunting. Would give it a better twist.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Cloak Power

Post by RCK »

Post this over on suggestions forum :)