Force clearing 101

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Force clearing 101

Post by Grey »

Well with all the mines around I thought I'd start a thread that collects good strategies of getting rid of them.

1. "Play Game" clearing. In order to avoid taking too much damage from CD's and scouts so you don't have to spend turns UNOing you usually want to walk into the mines rather than clicking "Attack".
To avoid spending turns walking in and out of sectors you can instead click play game when you have entered the sector you want to clear. Then you lose your green sector and will only have to spend 3 turns for the next attack instead of 5. Just make sure you end up having a green sector to safety on your last attack so you can get out the right way when you're low on defense.

2. Full clearing. Don't just kill the mines but kill all the forces. That way you force the mining alliance to get new seeds from everybody or to live with less stacks in the future.

Those were my ten cents. Note that this is the most effective strategy I know, not the most safe ;)
RedDragon
Quiet One

Post by RedDragon »

A slight alteration of the play game strategy is to change green sector - try going to a different sector, you hit mines and green changes, then you can do it back so the green is the orginal again. This gives you the advantage that you always have a green sector if you meet company but it does have to be done in doubles so should be used in conjunction with play game clearing.

Also note that if enemies are on neither of these tactics should be used!
Nix`
Quiet One

Post by Nix` »

Just pod the guy dropping hte mines before it turns into a real mine field

geeez grey ;)
Oooh Argghhhh I was in, FTV, DSMC, LOM, DC, S7G, CYP (har har :D), LB and Phoenix
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

Yep, I usually use the method described by RD.... I call it the 'wiggle'... Go into a sector, hit some mines on entry.. the green sector is back the way you came. Then go for another exit, this then becomes the green exit. Again go for another exit, this then becomes the green exit, continue until you feel you need to get out and then go through the green exit to safety.....

The bonus with this tactic is that the minefield owners do not get a message that thier forces are under attack, they only get a scout report.... They have to either come and check or look at thier force screen to see what damage has been done....
savasanboga

Post by savasanboga »

ı found out this page on
http://www.turkishcarpetsrugs.info

thank you
:D
boys of hell from istanbul
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

savasanboga wrote:ı found out this page on
http://www.turkishcarpetsrugs.info

thank you
:D
May I be the first to comment: ?
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

SPAM!
that which pods you makes you stronger
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Are you all stupid or something - he is clearly referring to the well-known vet tactic of buying a magic flying space carpet to weave your way through the mines instead of hitting them! Jeez!!
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

So Magic Carpet > Spooky?
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

And now we're back where the thread started. But thx for backing my original post up ;)