Smart Hunting

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Smart Hunting

Post by XDemonX »

Made this also a little while back...lots of u will dissagree with my methods but hey w/e if it helps anyone thats alright...i did not read over this again because my attention span sucks so sorry for anything bad in here lol

Yes :) :) :) time to bore you yet again on another session on how to hunt smartly.No these may not be the best way to hunt in ur opion but hey in mine its the best and works the best..i know from experience cause i can safely say i am a successful hunter with Dial-Up
Here we go!!! probably most of you know how to hunt because i was yelled at about the Smart Trading thing i made that this alliance is a "Vet" alliance well w/e this may help 1 person and if it does? then it is worth it...here we go (im setting this up from start to finish)

Woo Yay your leader said you can get a bird FINALLYYY so for example we will say u got a Cara!...one of the most important thing to decide is which weapons to get the best way is to try to balance shield/armor dmg as close as possible some poeple like to go armor heavy for psf hunting...but its best to balance as best as possible just incase u have to fight another cara or something lol...

In hunting...its best to appear offline at all times...so try not to move much and stay off cpl (it automatically takes u off cpl within 10 min if u don't move) Yes u can CS just don't hit Play Game or move sectors..So really its best to stay outta #SMR there is alot of traders that will do stupid things to see if ur online by doing /whois on ur nick...so once ur outta #smr change ur nick to something like Cuda-ImStraight something that is impossible to guess.. also another common thing i see traders try to do if they are worried about u being online is they will send u an in game msg asking u something stupid just to get a responce...IGNORE IT!!....Get off AIM/MSN w/e the hell u use regulary by chance they might have ur screen name and use that to see if ur online plus those things lag u a little bit.

K now there is several ways to hunt most common way is to lay scouts on all the main routes you don't have to put a scout at each end..u only need a scout at one end of each main route..

Once u've scouted u can sit somewhere as a sitting sector where u know no one can plot through u(like a corner or something) then u wait for pings..i suggest getting credits from someone and buying that send scout reports to main screen for 1 credit it helps alot...so if u have the system you can play it this way..most people local by now cause its smart...so once u get pings u get within 2 sectors of where they are pinging u(make sure its not inbetween their route) once u get the ping "blank has entered blank" you rush into and attack em....USE THE END BUTTON its the fastest thing to scroll down to continue attack...unless u have your comp set up so its small and u don't have to scroll down that is also cool

If you don't have the system u can either take ur chances cause thats the best u can do..is either stay 1 away and pray they don't local(yes there is alot of dumbasses who dont local still lol) or u can stay 2 away and just wait til u get a ping msg and rush it that is probably best thing u can do.

Personally the way i like best...is the scout msg system with jump..what i do is lurk all day...and when i get the ping "blank has entered so and so" i just jump ontop of him and bam bam bam.....This works nicely so if they are having someone watch cpl they won't know ur on and stuff like that :)

Ok lets say u got the kill Yippi right? well not yet...now u gotta move the hell away from where u got the kill...most the time after someone gets a kill they stay in that sector and copy and paste all the shots in IRC and gloat and brag ect...well other people run to that sector from the news to see if they are still there..hell i even go check if they are still there because most the time they are still there and not paying attention at all..Yess its a slap in a face to them after they spent that working getting a kill then not paying attention and getting podded them selves lol...
SO MOVE LIKE 10 AWAY AFTER U GET A KILL then u can gloat and brag and what not.

You gotta be conservatives with turns..don't hunt down to ur last 1 turns and be stuck in open space...that is how lots of poeple die..because they think oh well i can get one more kill NO U CAN'T AND U WILL PROBABLY GET STUCK IN OPEN SPACE AND DIE!!...yes try to think that to ur self....also don't sleep in open space its stupid thing to do u might get lucky a few times and not be found but that 1 morning u wake up and see the "Death as ur ship explodes..." msg u will feel like crud and everyone will laugh at you...its better to spend the extra turns and be safe and fed...

Ok lets say another Warbird has come around and wants to fight you..what do u do? first u decide if its bigger then u if ur a cara and a Dev comes u better run ur cara ass off...But lets say ur a top racial and another top racial has come..you can play this off 2 ways..if ur on a fast connection u can go in Fire and if u out shoot him by 300 or more u keep on firing..because chances are u will win..if u don't out fire him u run to uno as fast as u can...OR if ur on a slow connection(u can do this with fast also) is go Is with them and CS a few times and let them fire on u and if u see ur winning u start firing on em... but don't just run up to em and just start firing as fast as possible because that is just a coin toss...The best way to hunt is WITH NO RISKS just think to ur self everytime u want to do something...Is this a big risk? or what? if its a risk then u don't do it..its not that hard.....sure go ahead say it "with big risks come big rewards" sure thats true...but something i learned from poker that is kinda like smr(learned from sterl lol) "You can't lose what u don't put in the pot" meaning you can win little by taking little risks but with that u won't lose alot!!! so ur getting all + + + but if u take big risks with ur head full of it as the excitement of winning then u will LOSE ALOT(a pod lol)

Alright!!! the tracking session of this...this is probably the most important part..this is what seperates the noobs from the vets...the men from the boys...the cudas from the izzys......Tracking.....Yes......

K there is a few ways to track.....the most common way and nuubish way is to check their turns from last death and check how many times they move before they make a trade...this is nuubish way cause its easyiest way but its more of a guess if u track em with a 3x that leaves 100000000 possible 3x's...so the best way to track em is by Racial Rankings...see Racial ranking update Real time meaning it will update exact moment they make a trade...what u do is u copy and paste all the exp changes into another screen then subtrade 1 from another to find exp changes...for example lets say the over exp is 10000 then it changes to 10044 then 10088 well u subtract 10044 from 10000 and get 44 then 10044 and get 10088 and bam that end of the route is a 2x2x then u keep doing the same thing until u have 4 reads. if the exp change is 44,44,66,66 then its a 2x2x3x3x IST because base exp for a IST is 22.. there is a base Chart i made up below that can help a bit.. If there is more then 1 person of the same race trading then this method will not work and ur completely outta luck..but that doesn't happen much

Base Exps-
IST=22
PSF=42
ATM=29
Drudge=19
Lev=18
Theif=12

Those are the most common ships so try to memorize those or write em down somewhere as they will come in handy :)

Most the time you won't have time to do all this and still pod em so u might have to do this a day before...or w/e and wait for em to trade...There is a fast way to do this there is a chart that works with excel that is nice that u can download and u just paste the exps in there and it tells the difference and the distance so u don't even have to think u can download this At-

Lotus.smrealms.de

(yes some of u might say this is lame but oh well i don't waste turns checking 100 routes to find 1 trader)

Once ur there go to downloads and down the Hunter Tool or w/e

Yes i am bored there is some stuff i left alot there is alot more to hunting but ims o lazy to type it and probably by now u either are not this far down to read this or ur asleep or w/e but Hey hope this helps :)

-Love XDemonX :) Happy Hunting

<B.O.B.> Filtered words removed.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Im not updating this with tips to how to hunt this game. Mainly cause i sucked hardcore at hunting this game. I am too dependant on the tracking people thing. Sorry.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

haha newb can't hunt the real way! oant!
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

oant aint a werd bish!
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

Well alot of words americans use are not actual words so whats the big deal?
=)

It takes one to be one!
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

For the base experience thing just go to http://www.b-o-b.org/smrtools/8O.BOB
it has all the ships base experiences.