Hunt/op from Fed - The Rebel Way!

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Hunt/op from Fed - The Rebel Way!

Post by LotuS »

Rebels are raiding level one ports to gain alignment. Most of you probably just think its cool, hey theyre al green! But What are they really up to? Theyre going for 800+ alignment each so they can park, hunt, op from fed like chickens. How you ask? Everyone gets in sector and raids the same level 1 port all day! wow this promotes people just siting around all day firing on ports. When you have 800+ alignment you can be a 8/* and still be under federal protection. They wanted you all to know that from thevian fed space you can park your top racial, and arm a 6hp ship within 20 turns! wow! Just wanted to let the entire community know whats going on since the sharing of information and stratedgy is an essential part of making the community grow especially in the aspect of promoting people to use planet galaixes, something the community has been looking to imporve on for over 3 years!

<B.O.B.> Filtered words removed.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

It may be different in Main, but in beta, even with max alignment, the max offensive power you can have is 8/, my proof:

With a 9 rating:

Protection
You are NOT under protection.
B.O.B. (26)
Race : Thevian
Turns : 144482
Cash : 4,294,967,295
Experience : 0
Hill Status : Inactive
Level : 1
Alignment : 2147483647
Mother Ship
Rating : 9/23
Shields : 1000/1000
Armor : 50/50
CIJSD : ---*-

With an 8 rating:

Protection
You are under FEDERAL PROTECTION.
B.O.B. (26)
Race : Thevian
Turns : 144563
Cash : 4,294,967,295
Experience : 0
Hill Status : Inactive
Level : 1
Alignment : 2147483647
Alliance : none
Mother Ship
Rating : 8/21
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

So next time you see them PRing, go get them. If they're doing it right they are not carrying any armor weapons which means you win.
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

While a blatant abuse of port raiding, it may atleast encourage the admins to make a change long in the waiting. Port Raids should not be a way to change alignment.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Easiest way out: Only the trigger gets alignment.
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Once you see what all that PRing does to their bounties I doubt you'll have a problem with it. I know I don't.

Another solution would be to restrict *warbirds* to their own races' fed; obviously it wouldn't solve everything but it's a step in the right direction.

This is their attempt to adapt to the level 5 weapons being so out of the way for most people. For better or worse, it's within the game mechanics and other alliances are free to adopt the same tactic, or counter it however they feel fit.
What, you want something witty?
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

yeah what's the big deal?
that which pods you makes you stronger
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Well I will say this, in SMR2 we are re-vamping the entire relations/alignment system to add more depth. I doubt we will see something like this happen in SMR2.

That being said, I think its sad to see an alliance with so many good players and so much potential under take a stratagy that puts them on the back burner as a second string alliance in the long run.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

what they are doing is within the bounds of the game, so it's perfectly valid.

and as for the nature of what they're doing, or whether it's right or wrong, I don't see it being much different that mining up a racial galaxy to prevent anyone from trading.

wait...it's them doing that too isn't it? bastards!!
that which pods you makes you stronger
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

What we did was in a bound of 1 hour, others have done the same thing, but over a period of a game (something like 1500 alignment was one I've seen?)

Anyways, there is nothing wrong with what we did nor is there anything wrong in mining a galaxy, racial or non-racial. It is all apart of the gameplay. Adapt.
Need a good computer or good gaming server? Visit http://www.frozen-tech.net