? About Combat Drones

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Hypno
Quiet One

? About Combat Drones

Post by Hypno »

This is my Dumb Rat question of the week.

Say there are CD's dropped in a sector. The owner, or an alliance member fires on a trader in that sector. Do the CD's fire WITH the owner or aliance member or only return fire when the defender returns fire upon the attackers?
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

If they are IS and not on the ship the CDs dont fire back.
Hypno
Quiet One

Post by Hypno »

Thank You! Shady_FA- :)
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Shady_FA- wrote:If they are IS and not on the ship the CDs dont fire back.
........unless they are fired on directly, but they do not take part in ship-to-ship combat.
Hypno
Quiet One

Post by Hypno »

Thank You Ard!

I was thinking that they actully returned fire if you fired on the owner or an alliance member of the owner. I did not know that they did not fire at all unless targeted.
Holy
Quiet One

Re: ? About Combat Drones

Post by Holy »

Hypno wrote:This is my Dumb Rat question of the week.

Say there are CD's dropped in a sector. The owner, or an alliance member fires on a trader in that sector. Do the CD's fire WITH the owner or aliance member or only return fire when the defender returns fire upon the attackers?
I think at least in my experiences, I have never seen them fire back, else you'd have alliances trying to put like 2000 combat drones in a sector. But, if someone is clearing forces and attacks the stack of combat drones, they do return fire... Now I was wondering if the return fire is relative to the experience of the player who's forces it is.
Forrest: I ran for three years, two months, fourteen days and sixteen hours. When I was hungry, I ate. When I was tired, I slept. When I had to go, you know, I went!
Holy
Quiet One

Post by Holy »

BUT, I think that if there are mines in the sector and you go in and click "Continue Attack", then you in effect end up attacking the remaining combat drones. I learned this the hard way a few times.
Forrest: I ran for three years, two months, fourteen days and sixteen hours. When I was hungry, I ate. When I was tired, I slept. When I had to go, you know, I went!