Our Combat Training Thread

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Our Combat Training Thread

Post by Jester- »

Yes I do. Why can't they clear? Just because they have drones? That's stupid. They have no other weapons (except 1 HP). They're weapons are drones, why can drones not attack mines? Why should have they have to go to uno and CA just to clear mines? Just because you do not like ik? It would cost them 10x more to clear mines with turns and cash. Also with a slow butt ship like a MS, that would be even more imbalanced. Please don't say stuff about balance you know nothing about. Thanks!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Jester- wrote:Yes I do. Why can't they clear? Just because they have drones? That's stupid. They have no other weapons (except 1 HP). They're weapons are drones, why can drones not attack mines? Why should have they have to go to uno and CA just to clear mines? Just because you do not like ik? It would cost them 10x more to clear mines with turns and cash. Also with a slow butt ship like a MS, that would be even more imbalanced. Please don't say stuff about balance you know nothing about. Thanks!
I know plenty first off, and secondly their drones should kamikaze while clearing like they had before. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking Ik, as I have played as Ik many times. It has to do with deterring mass clearing unless we rewrite the mine code, which should happen anyways.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Mass clearing? What does drone suicides of Ik have to do with mass clearing? It is unfair to them as a race to make it so they're completely vulnerable to mines. They are already terrible slow capital ships. Mixing that in with hitting mines and losing a ton of drones is ridiculous.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Jester- wrote:Mass clearing? What does drone suicides of Ik have to do with mass clearing? It is unfair to them as a race to make it so they're completely vulnerable to mines. They are already terrible slow capital ships. Mixing that in with hitting mines and losing a ton of drones is ridiculous.
When did I say a ton of drones, I am talking about the previous style of combat, where they'd hit a 50 stack and lose maybe 5-12 drones.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

They'd lose as many CDs as there were mines remaining, so if 5 mines hit their shields then they would lose 45 CDs to kill 45 mines (equivalent to 20 damage per cd, 10x more damage than they do for shooting normally).
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Page wrote:They'd lose as many CDs as there were mines remaining, so if 5 mines hit their shields then they would lose 45 CDs to kill 45 mines (equivalent to 20 damage per cd, 10x more damage than they do for shooting normally).
New way is best. Ik'Thorne needed the change as well as all other ships.