Annoyed with singles? Turnless way to clear...

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I don't understand, has something new been added. So if you hit a single mine it doesn't cost you three turns?

I have been hitting alot of singles this game but I haven't really looked to see if they are costing me or not. :shock: I hit a single then I run, ouch I stop to look when I am safe again.
ipod
Quiet One

Post by ipod »

the three turns is supposed to be coming from your guns shooting(automatically) at the mines. so it shouldnt cost 3 turns if you have no guns. not sure how CD work tho
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

so with no guns, you would still only spend 1 turn clearing a 2 mine stack or a 3 mine stack?

seems all alliances have to do is place 1 more mine than the number of exits that sector has to at least cost you 2 turns ?

not quite sure how the % of mines attack relate to sector exits .....
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

no cuz 3 mines will explode on you it would have to be more tthan 20-30 cuz that is the normal number tthatt "kamikaze" or whatever against your ship
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

question though, would the mine be destoyed though? if you have no guns, then the mine wouldnt be desotyed so wouldnt it techicly take another turn to go through that sector.
ImageImage
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

Poca wrote:question though, would the mine be destoyed though? if you have no guns, then the mine wouldnt be desotyed so wouldnt it techicly take another turn to go through that sector.
where u saw mine that explodes and dont get destroyed?
Please send me pm ingame or here with corrections of mistakes i did.

Faded Image, Sector 7G, ~Vodka Traders~, The Order, Reincernation, Reborn Again, Rebels, The Guild, Veil of Avalon, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas, Armory
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

huh? no what im talking about is that if you enter the sector without a weapons, the mine wont get destoyed. if you back out with yoru green sector it will just cost the turns to move to that sector but what im talking about is that if you wanted to go through the mine, it would really cost 2 turns. all together moving all together. right? i might be wrong but im not sure.
ImageImage
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Poca, irrespective of whether or not your ship is armed, mines have this thing they do sometimes - it's called "exploding". When these mines "explode", they have a tendency to not be there after the "explosion". Since the purpose of clearing is to make the mines not be there anymore, it is indeed possible to clear mines at a 1 turn cost.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

mind you if the stack is big at all... like 10+.... its not too effective since all the mines don't explode on you... but for clearing singles having a ship with no weapons uses less turns
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

If you do this, lets say you are a PSF and you decide to not put a gun on your ship. Yes you are prob saving turns. But sometimes the mine won't explode against your ship. Therefore it will still be there so you will get the screen that you ran into a mine twice. even if it was just 1 single in the beginning. If i am trading or something and i run into a hunter. i will waste the 3 turns in order to not have that chance of having 1 single hold me for 2 screens
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....