Best Ship and Weapon:

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Best Ship and Weapon:

Post by SnakeBite »

I've been searching around and playing BETA and was wondering what is the best ship for hunting, trading and which weopens should accompany them.
Alexis
Quiet One

Post by Alexis »

There isn't any one specification that is the best. Each hunter has their own style, and that's for each person to discover on their own. And that's why BETA is such a nifty tool, because there is literally all the room in the universe to develop your own kind of fighting style, and experiment.

Different styles with ships depend on if you want lots of hardpoints, or perhaps lots of defense, or maybe a happy medium. Alignment-based ships are also something to consider.

Weapon set-ups in the real game should really depend on your experience level. Basically the lower your experience, the higher accuracy weapons you should purchase. Higher levels can pretty safely purchase the mega-destructive weapons and hit consistently.

Now to assist with finding what kind of setup would best suit you, B.O.B has this _wonderful_ tools site which you can find http://www.b-o-b.org/smrtools/8O.BOB there! That has a complete ship and weapons list, and you can sort both lists by any characteristic you wish. =]
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

best trader= Alskant Trade Master/PSF
Best Hunter=Dealth Cruiser
ImageImage
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Thanx Alexis and Polca I'll give those ship a go. But what I was realy wondering was what ship would win in a head on batle over every other ship? Is their one dominant warship or are all of them equal and it depends on the owner?
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Will judgeing from all I have read on the matter ITAC ( IkThorne Advanced Carrier ) is currently winning against everything else they through at it on the simulator. However it is not the ship in this case but the Combat Drones it carries that is causeing it to win against all challengers. Enough of that lets not turn this into another "I Hate ITAC's because" thread.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

the two most DOMINATING warships are the devastator and the ikthorne mothership. If you get a 100k Ik MS you better just run..
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Where can I find this wonderful BETA?
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Use The Force(s)!
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

But when I test the Mothership in beta I rarely come out on top... Why is this? Just the handler of the ship?
Curufir

Post by Curufir »

ChristiaanvdM wrote:But when I test the Mothership in beta I rarely come out on top... Why is this? Just the handler of the ship?
The drone equation on beta is different to the one on the main server, initial results are promising that it's more balanced so winning a fight will depend on experience levels and who you're fighting. Since everyone has an obsession with being lvl 50 it means ITMS loses quite a bit, because its top-end damage is lower than that of things like Devs and at lvl 50 even low accuracy weapons rarely miss.