Bring back exp hunting!!

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.

Should exp's be updated realtime again?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:52 pm

Yes
30%
No
70%
Other Suggestion
No votes

Total votes: 44

SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Bring back exp hunting!!

Post by SnakeBite »

I know this may start some flame wars but I'm giving it a go anyways...
I suggest that exp's are updated realtime again...I've asked around and apperantly you can't get realtime exp's anywhere... it used t be at least at racial standings but apperantly that's being delayed as well...

Exp hunting makes hunting so much more fun and added another dimension to the game... Trading is getting to easy for my liking and hunting too dificult... And as for traders saying that this make's hunting to easy again I disagree... All that traders can do is sell their cargo for slightly difirent prices as this would throw of the hunters completely as the have to estimate what ship you are in and if you do this correctly it would through them of completely...

I know I'm opening up an old discusion but now people have had a feel how it is without exp hunting...
Curufir

Post by Curufir »

No.

It's that simple.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I guess you forgot why exper, update is delayed.

Edit, Edit: Think I should make sure anyone reading this know I was saying that maybe ChristiaanvdM forgot why updates are delayed not Curufir. :lol:
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Then tell me why... If its a good reason any admin can feel free to delete this thread...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I am not going to be pulled into a debate on this. It was debated over and over. But one of the reasons was SMC
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I'm not going to debate it, but as I recall the change from real time stat updates was made because at the time the overall perception was that using real time stats made hunting too easy.

Similar reasons were given for the other real time stat updates which were turned off: TSLD, goods purchased, forces purchased, etc.

The way of a hunter is now to utilize other real time tools, i.e. scout reports.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Kal
Quiet One

Post by Kal »

Definately a no vote from me
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Those stats were taken out because they enabled players to get something (information) for nothing. The whole point of a game like SMR is that costs and benefits need to be balanced. If you want information (for example on how or where someone trades) then you need to find ingame ways to acquire that information. Target specific hunting should be an art, not a matter of punching numbers into software.

In short, play the game instead of looking for shortcuts.
SOul
Quiet One

Post by SOul »

i think this is a joke because nuthin has changed its still same people on top10 kills with or without stat refresh.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

we should keep it out cause it gives me an excuse to get a DC =)