Bring back exp hunting!!

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.

Should exp's be updated realtime again?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:52 pm

Yes
30%
No
70%
Other Suggestion
No votes

Total votes: 44

Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

im trading right now. no real time exp changing, and i say that u should add cloack to psf and unlimited supplies at routes.

that will balance game for sure.

offcourse i would love to see some more fed sectors added so that my route becames fed... i need only like 60 fed sectors added then...
DemiGod
Quiet One

Post by DemiGod »

SMOR THAT CRAZY. Man if we did that it would wreck the game. People would just trade forever and no one could kill them!

Note: I recognize Smor's post was sacrastic in nature.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

real surprising coming from smor, why dont we make it so that when u have hissy fits you can get everyone else banned for podding you too!
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

Does it matter Thennian??? You can't get any xp, when you're banned for breaking rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL :evil:
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Elvons post made alot of sense.

smors was being sarcastic, trying to point out that almost every change helps the traders. I understand the eternal struggle between the hunter players and the traders, but no matter how someone finds you, if you cant escape, it doesent matter how many changes the game makes in your favor, it doesent matter if exp updates instantly or not, If you the trader get poded, you need to learn to trade better instead of geting the game to change for you imo.....

but its already done and prolly ownt change so this post is worthless.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

LotuS wrote: smors was being sarcastic, trying to point out that almost every change helps the traders.
atlest someone understand it... demigod i though u know better
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Edit for content after rereading above posts

Changes have been made to help traders. However changes have also been made to help Hunters.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
DemiGod
Quiet One

Post by DemiGod »

What changes were made to help hunters?
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

DemiGod wrote:What changes were made to help hunters?
stonger weapons implimented to make better weapon combos for taking traders out in less triggers. Game Speed always being above 1.0 so they can get around more and traders are out in open space trading more. insane amounts of money available for hunting making it more profitable then trading in alot of cases.

Im sure there are more
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

How many traders use a Cloak? Or use a liilusion Gen? How many Traders get pod rides each game as apposed to Hunters? Traders can be hunted and boxed in with mines until they have no choice but to just kick back and let the pod happen. They have no defenses to Mines (excpet for green exit. And a smart hunter has already blocked off that exit ). Nothing like not being able to do something while 2 or 3 bird rip you apart.

Suggestions have been made to make it a liitle less one sided. Disabling cloak is one that comes to mind. You hunters whinned and cried so much that a very good player and coder who put his own time into the game left. We even asked at one time for the right to jettison cargo to take out mines at a xp loss. You guys whinned and cried like babies. They took real time stat updates out of the game and those who did not have the pactience or skills to do it any other way started going out in packs, which IMHO is just a way around to getting those super ships I hear about in SM, so then we suggested Friendly Fire Damage ( Which would work if coded to affect fights where more than 2 are attacking 1 ). You all whinned and cried.

When someone even suggests something that sound relativly decent or cool that you hunters don't like you whine and complain right away causing them to forget about it. A SMALL percentage of the players are controlling this game to benefit themselves and not the larger player base. If for one game we would focus on bringing in freash new players and making it fun for everyone and not just a select few. Then maybe this game can go to the next level.

We have even suggested that important game votes be linked directly to the game to allow the players who are not active in the webboard ( for various reasons ) to vote. Nope not a single thing was said or done about it.

What we do is pick on each other. We call each other names. We pick on their spelling. We pick on their newbie status. We pick on those who try to change the game and those who don't try to change the game. We pick on the admins and the banned and the trader and the pack hunter and the solo players.

AND lastly If we don't want to talk about it We Lock The Thread.

Everyone should have a voice in this game.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.