Planets

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Planets

Post by DarthNihilus »

What are everyones strategies for building planets. I was going by a list given to me last game from Freon22. However some build generators last ( it seems to me that most do ) and build all their hangers first.

How many percentage points do each turrent gets to hit? How many points does each gen give you. ( 100 shields and ?% to hit ).

How many points damage does each drone absorb? How much damage does each drone do to enemy ships?
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Cowboy
Beta Tester

Post by Cowboy »

The idea is to make the planet lethal as fast as possible thats why you build turrets and hangers first. I prefer to build hangers until i get 1k drones and then start alternating the builds between hangers and gens.
Cowboy
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

No gens until 100 hangars and 10 turrets. Any gens on the planets can be used to single shield clear your entire galaxy..
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Freon22 list ( going by memory here correct me if I'm wrong ) :

Build 10 turrents build 20 hangers build 20 generators finish hangers finish gens. It was something like that.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Planets with shields can be useful to UNO off during fights, especially if you can't get out of the galaxy. Just have to make sure its far enough from the warp that it's not a liability to your minefield. Building gens is also the quickest way to get max bond interest.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Agree with the hangars/turrets first approach, with the exeption that Trigek points out. Having 1 or 2 planets to UNO off of in a pinch is very useful.

2-3 bonders ( level 28 ) and the rest 70s.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

The real killers on a planet is the CDs so just about everyone builds hangs first. So when a team is attacking the planet they are cutting into the CDs right from the start, no shields to slow them down. The shields serve a few purposes, one to give the turrant a chance to hit, to give the CDs a chance to take out more attackers, and to cause the attacking team to burn turns.

There is no one right way to build a planet, if you are building one to stop the lone hunter that hitting each young planet hoping to find some cream. Then yelp, get those hangers builted and filled. All in all I think the best way to build all planets within a galaxy is to mix it up.

If an attacking team hits a planet that is high in shield and turrants, maybe they will burn enough turns hitting it that they can't hit other ones. Or maybe they will think that this is the way that you are building all of your planets and will try to hit a planet with less members IS and find that this one is high in CDs.

But yes a fair building method is
10 Turrets, 20 Generators, then Max Hangers, then Finish Generators.

The 20 generators give you 2,000 sheilds and the time for your turrants to do some damage. And its all about making your emeny burn up his turns.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

What i like my alliance to do is do Zero gens and pure hangars and terrets on them (because of single shield clearing like said above)

Then i like to have the farthest planet back be a "shield bubble" which mean would be pure shields. That way all the people parking in gal can uno from incase they are trapped in their gal
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....