Old Strategy and formulas that might still work?

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Yes I am 1000000000001% sure, I will even tell you what ports they were if need be.
DekeFentle

Post by DekeFentle »

Trib wrote: There is something that I have been wanting to ask, and that is about your section on Jump Driving, which I see you also have a question about in regard to SMR. There appears to me to be a contradiction in your equations, it states, "The jump error for galaxy crossings = 75%
The distance to the target upon failure would be 8 sectors" yet then it goes on to give an example equation which includes a cross galaxy jump where the result is 60% and there is no reference to the seeming absolute 75% above. Could you explain this to me in greater detail please.
The example refers to an inter galactic jump. I didn't space it very well.
Deke Fentle

Revelation 6:8
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

I believe this is where the problem lay, inter galaxy would mean cross galaxy, ie the same as the 75% chance given first. Intra galaxy would mean within the same galaxy, which is what I assume the secondary formula is for. I believe the only difference in coding at the moment, is that the miss jump distance is always the maximum value of miss chance/10 rather than some number upto this number.
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

OK, the Jump drive will now be mis jumping from 1-8 sectors with inter galaxy misjump
Super Nova

Post by Super Nova »

I stayed up all night long reading all these post now my mind hurts..... time to sleep even though i am a vet.... i never learned any formulus in game for anything.... but on old SM i found a trade calculator... very usuful.... what i need is one for smr lol.. but from what i read dosnt seem they will work to well unless u have a relation of 1000
*Some where in space*
Super Nova sits around playing a game marbles, some say these marbles are the galaxys which we live in, so next time u see the light coming at the end of all the glaxys.... watch out for the marble thats going hit you...
Shesmu
Quiet One

Post by Shesmu »

No trade-calc since they've made a new trade formula which includes a random factor...
--
A word from our sponsor: NEW ISSUE OF NEWS CONTROL !
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=3412
NEWS CONTROL - 24/7 Independent SMR News
Imperial

Post by Imperial »

Actually Deke when you first posted that during MY1 I copied and pasted it onto a webpage. Spock some how found it and used it for several of the forumulas in SMR.